Bristol to Gloucester

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mad?

Re: Bristol to Gloucester

Post by mad? »

Brackenboo wrote: You definitely need to think about whether Grammar is the best option if you don't think you will succeed in moving soon.
I feel for you whatajourney, I think you know that if you cannot move the journey is not sustainable. So, I guess it depends on your ability to move and all the stress that goes with that, whilst also I'm sure, wanting to get DD settled about the next step. I don't have any special advice to offer other than that journey seems insane to me unless you are assured of it being very temporary. What are your local options? Good luck.
mad?
Choppy

Post by Choppy »

I really feel for you. We're in a similar boat (although slightly nearer - but still a long journey). Our house purchase fell through last month and the market is a nightmare. Facing horrible but temporary journey come September if we don't have a bit of luck now. Sorry, no advice or info, but just wanted to say you're not alone, and this totally sucks and is very stressful! Hugs. x
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

whatajourney and choppy - it really is a difficult time in the housing market, I am afraid at this point in the process I tend to think of the easiest (but not the cheapest) option.. how about let to rent? ie you let your house out (or keep it on the market empty) and rent somewhere else nearer the school - not cheap but the stress levels will be eminently better
Choppy

Post by Choppy »

We were all set to start looking for rental properties, hermanmunster, (thanks for your very sage advice - totally agree) when we found a lovely house near Tewkesbury and just had our offer accepted today. Phew. Touch wood. Etc. The market is BRUTAL at the moment. Best of luck to you, whatajourney.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

That is good news Choppy - keep fingers crossed it all goes through soon :D
Choppy

Post by Choppy »

Thanks, hermanmunster! Early days, but it might work out...will rent if not. (I'm from the wrong side of Glasgow so everything feels luxurious to me, but don't want to rent above a kebab shop again - been there, done that, got fat!)

Any news, mad? The market is grim. Heard stories of people putting two or three offers on properties on with different agents to spread their bets, and see which one works out first. Eeek! Maybe I'm too soppy, but I just couldn't do that. Hope you get some good news soon...
mad?

Post by mad? »

Choppy wrote: Any news, mad? The market is grim. Heard stories of people putting two or three offers on properties on with different agents to spread their bets, and see which one works out first. Eeek! Maybe I'm too soppy, but I just couldn't do that. Hope you get some good news soon...
I think you have confused me with whatajourney Choppy. Good luck with it all anyway :D
mad?
Choppy

Post by Choppy »

Yes I have! I think it's starting to get to me...wibble...
mad?

Post by mad? »

:D :wink:
Choppy wrote:Yes I have! I think it's starting to get to me...wibble...
mad?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now