Appeals and Taster Days

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
sem

Appeals and Taster Days

Post by sem »

Looking back to last year, those who had their appeals had heard whether they were successful or not by June 7th.

This year we have been told it will be July 9th!

It is a pity as the Taster Days are on July 3rd which will mean a lot of pupils will be going to spend the day at a school which they may not be attending in September.
I thought this day was supposed to put them at ease and for them to meet other friends and get the feel of the school, but for a lot of children it will be confusing surely?! :?

Does anyone know why the Appeal results are so late this year?
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

have you spoken to Admission about this? It is really unfair ... :cry:
Bougalou

Post by Bougalou »

It does seem an inordinately long time to wait. I'd take up Guest55's advice and ring the LEA.
all the best
Bougalou
sem

Post by sem »

I had a reply from Admissions today:

Thank you for your email.

Due to the volume of appeals for the High School for Girls for September, 2008 the last date of appeals for High School for Girls is the 7th July. The Appeal Panel hears all appeals for the school before they make their decision. The decision will be communicated in writing within 5 working days of this date.

If you require anything further please do not hesitate to contact this office.

Regards

This didn't really answer my question :?
Burneth

Post by Burneth »

So potentially the wait could be even longer than 9 July - that is really not good.

What do the children to do for the taster day..do they go to the school they have appealed to or the allocated school? This isn't good at all and I feel so sorry for children in this position. Does it just affect Denmark Road girls I wonder?
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;51;459/st/20080902/e/DS%27s+1st+day+at+senior/k/f5bf/event.png[/img]

PS I am Burneth and I am a lady....!
AJ11

Post by AJ11 »

That's really not fair at all on the girls it will affect. They need to feel secure on the taster day, not be wondering if they will be attending that certain school. Like Burneth said, which school would they go to, the one they're appealing to or the allocated one? I assume it would be the allocated school but i'm only guessing.

Good luck to everyone awaiting appeals and allocations. I hope you all get the outcome you deserve. I have everything crossed for you.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I think someone should take this higher - it is NOT fair!