Are these papers the same?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
swindon mum

Post by swindon mum »

I have Athey Educational Test Pack 1 verbal Reasoning Standard Version given to me by a friend. Do they have the same questions as Pack 1 Multiple Choice? If they are then I can maybe save on some money.

thanks
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Swindon Mum

I believe the real tests are Published by NFER, Verbal reasoning and in Multiple Choice If so, then Athey are not relevant to your revision. Suitable publishers are IPS, The Tutors [from this website]Walsh and Susan Daughtrey, her Bright Sparks material.

Patricia
Orson

Post by Orson »

Swindon Mum

The questions in the two packs (standard/multiple choice) are indeed the same.

Patricia is spot on though. Whilst Athey may provide your child will plenty of relevant material to practise with, you need to look elsewhere for the 'stuff' that's just like the real thing.

Orson
swindon mum

Post by swindon mum »

Patricia and Orson,

Thanks for your replies. He has done Susan Daughtry's papers and books already. I just want to give him as much practice as possible. Nfer nelson papers are under print at present. SO will get him IPS and others as well.
By the way do you know of any tutors for VR in Swindon area.
Also, he has trouble in vocabulary bit, where you have to find nearest in meaning or opposites. Any ways that you know that will help him.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now