Mixed Feelings

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Burneth

Mixed Feelings

Post by Burneth »

Well that's it...primary school is over for my DS, next step senior school with the big boys!

It's the end of an era and I feel quite sad, but also excited for his future.

I hope everybody's DC enjoyed their final days at school and you all have a fantastic Summer.

B

xx

PS - no SATs results for my DS, they have all been returned at his school due to discrepancies in the marking....will I ever find out how he did I wonder???
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;51;459/st/20080902/e/DS%27s+1st+day+at+senior/k/f5bf/event.png[/img]

PS I am Burneth and I am a lady....!
proud mum x2

Post by proud mum x2 »

My very grown up, unemotional DD, has spent the last days crying and sobbing! :cry: She has just reaized what a HUGE event it is in her short life.

The shock set in, so we talked it through tonight, she's outgrown the school, will make loads of new friends, (and keep the old)....blah blah blah....
She seems more settled now,just off to the local wetherspoons for a "goodbye" drink and snack with the whole of Y6.

Sats results in....and raw scores arrived by pupil post- the school even did the levels for me! 5b in english and science, and 5a in maths 100/100 !!!
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

Well thats it then!!
Didn't cry in the leavers assembly which I was quite surprised at.Just back from bowling with the whole of year 6.
School are concerned about the SATS results-teachers assessments having no bearing on actual results-think lots of papers will be going back for remarking.Head teacher has told us that secondary schools put more emphasis on teacher assessments and reports from the primary school-but anyway its over now and onwards and upwards!!!

Have a great summer everybody-its uniform shopping next week for me(well trousers,shirts,bag and the rest of it that hasnt been bought from the school!).

GM
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now