15 and 21 question type papers

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

staycalm

Post by staycalm »

I have no definitive information on the Glos papers, I simply picked up from this website that the test questions were from the range of 15, rather than 21 question types.

I suppose if there has been a change then it's worth getting familiar with the 6 extra types as they don't crop up in the NFER practice papers.

Maybe others can shed a bit more light from their own children's experience this year, as it could help people home-tutoring for next year.
Glos_Mum

Post by Glos_Mum »

Last edited by Glos_Mum on Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jen'smum

Post by Jen'smum »

Hi

My DD couldn't remember much when she came out - was just relieved it was over and done and we could "go do something less boring instead" in true Why Don't You style!

But she did mention that there weren't any of her favourites - the hidden 4 letter word. So I think you and Tolstoy are right. Plenty of the types she didn't like apparantly - which isn't saying much as it was most of the others!

Also said some of the other things were there but asked or presented in a different way.

DD hasn't mentionned it for a few days so I think maybe she has forgotten - I haven't though! :shock:
Bring me sunshine ....
Glos_Mum

Post by Glos_Mum »

Jen'smum wrote:
Also said some of the other things were there but asked or presented in a different way.
Last edited by Glos_Mum on Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

My son mentioned that opposite words ( of 21 type not 15) came up and I didn't want to stress him by making too much of it so glad someone else has mentioned it.

You wouldn't believe the effort I had to put in on to those four letter ones, big stumbling block with DS, and Glos-mum is quite aware how panicked I got when DS mentioned their absence. Fears of a whole missed page.(p.s Why don't they have a worried face???)

The first paper was of a style that I remembered being mentioned last year. I had told my son about them and he informed me at the time that they had done similar at school. I think he had forgotten about this on the day and said the change did slow him and his friend down but they coped and did finish the paper. Had it been the harder paper it would have had a greater impact so I will be adapting a paper to give DS2 practice with this type for next years 11+.

DH has worked from home this week so no computer access has probably stemmed my panic somewhat. DS only found out that the results were out tomorrow from his well informed friend. A tad too laid back I feel. Mind you he will be happy whatever the result as he has friends at every school option, thankfully.

Off out tonight to food party, hopefully will be suitably distracted. Good luck all for tomorrow both parents and DC alike. :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now