Now for the long wait...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Glos_Mum

Now for the long wait...

Post by Glos_Mum »

Last edited by Glos_Mum on Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
capers123

Post by capers123 »

DD came home today saying "X at school's dad didn't know that he had to get the form in by today, and she doesn't think he's done it yet".

Argh. Said child came from Steiner to home-schooling to state and mother works away often.

I suggested that she gets her friend to 'phone Shire Hall on Monday - they might take pity on an 11 year old with a flaky parent. Didn't take 11+ (but could easily have passed), very able, and was bored at the Steiner school.
Capers
Glos_Mum

Post by Glos_Mum »

Last edited by Glos_Mum on Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
MarkyBoy1972

Post by MarkyBoy1972 »

I printed off a copy of my online CAF form ... just in case there are any technical glitches at the other end... I have my evidence!!! :D
capers123

Post by capers123 »

MarkyBoy1972 wrote:I printed off a copy of my online CAF form ... just in case there are any technical glitches at the other end... I have my evidence!!! :D
I'd filled it in before 11+, but did double check last week and print off a copy.
Capers
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Had a little panic when reading this but DH assures me he sorted it. He was so excited the day DS got his results he wanted to fill it in before the poor boy got home from school.

Ironically after all the concerns about getting DS1 into chosen school DS4's place may be even more precious :shock: Found out on Friday that our local primary is going to be over-subscribed by nearly 10 pupils unless we can get the admissions number raised. Thankfully two of my boys will still be there and we live less than 5 mins away :) So off to fill in that application a.s.p in case I forget with all the Christmas mayhem.

Roll on March is all I can say.
MarkyBoy1972

Post by MarkyBoy1972 »

I'm saying roll-on February as to me that seems much closer and March 2nd is pretty much February anyway!!! 8)
Jen'smum

Post by Jen'smum »

You are all making me paranoid about the form. Dh did it - but as I didn't see him do it I keep having a little worry about it :? He assures me he checked and it was fine and I'm having to bite my lip to stop myself asking again - think he might explode! :oops:
Bring me sunshine ....
Milla

Post by Milla »

March 2 is my birthday so I am SO relieved that this year is a year "off" for me - next time round, when it is all back on again, gulp, The Letter will be due on the 3rd - will I enjoy my birthday then? Don't be silly. Mind you, if the timetable stays the same next year as this, then The Results for DS2 will come through on ... DS2's birthday. Shoot me now.
Jimi

Post by Jimi »

Here's a nice way to pass 10 minutes :lol:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7773974.stm
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now