Now for the long wait...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Jen'smum

Post by Jen'smum »

:D Yes passed with 2 mins to spare - but it shows just how daunting it is when the clock is ticking and you are trying to solve something and I'm not 10! (well .... only mentally :wink: )

That was an insight - thanks for posting link .
Bring me sunshine ....
Jimi

Post by Jimi »

Same here, passed, but I got two wrong (guessed on the last one) and with time to spare I didn't go back over my answers!!!

Anyway someone was talking and I needed the toilet and the phone rang so I might appeal.
capers123

Post by capers123 »

I finished with 3 mins spare, all correct.

My partner got 13 correct but had run out of time. And, I should add, went to Pates.
Capers
Milla

Post by Milla »

the clock on mine went funny and gave me 6 seconds :shock: Did I finish in that time? not quite :wink:
solimum

Post by solimum »

I got them all right (had to stop and think for some of the number ones as unlike many of you I haven't been practicing the types with any of my children! ) but forgot to check the timer...
capers123

Post by capers123 »

solimum wrote: as unlike many of you I haven't been practicing the types with any of my children!
No. We didn't practice them with our DD - we tend to be more hands-off than hands-on. Projects, for instance, are meant to be done by the child, and we only get involved in extremis - even then it tends to be suggesting a source rather than researching it & writing it out for DD.
Capers
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Got one of the number lines wrong :oops: and as I was DIY tutoring no excuses I'm afraid. Mind you November seems such a long time ago and the memory is not what it used to be. :roll:
EmeraldE

Hee hee

Post by EmeraldE »

I did it with 2 mins left..did not check answers. I am ashamed to say my memory let me down!!! SHOCK!! (NOT) got the second one of the 4 words and 3 codes wrong..now that just shouldn't happen :?

Hope my home tutoring is better than my performance on that little piece of trivia ..sheesh!! Now....should I let DS near it incase he beats me?? Might NEVER live it down :D
Burneth

Post by Burneth »

I managed to get all the words right, and a couple of the numbers but then got brain ache and guessed the last two sections....and it just shows it pays off to guess and got the majority of them correct! Apparently Grammar beckons for me...but I think I may not fit into the gym slip any more!
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;51;459/st/20080902/e/DS%27s+1st+day+at+senior/k/f5bf/event.png[/img]

PS I am Burneth and I am a lady....!
capers123

Post by capers123 »

Burneth wrote:but I think I may not fit into the gym slip any more!
Likewise, gym kit was never entirely flattering. Mind you, the PE staff at my school preferred smoking in their staff room, whilst leaving us to go for cross-country rambles, making daisy chains (3,565ft / 1,086m was the longest), tobogganing down Box Hill on trays from the canteen, or playing darts in the corridor outside their staff room. We were good at volleyball, though; and getting on the front page of News of the World.
Capers
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now