Which pratice papers?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Perplexed 2009

Which pratice papers?

Post by Perplexed 2009 »

We are new to the forum and confused about which pratice papers to use.
We had nearly finished the Bond series (our DD will be taking the exam Nov 2009), only to discover it is not the relevant board.

I now gather it is (Gloucestershire) Nfer i.e GL assessment - but which papers should she be using? We've just bought most of the Susan D papers, and an Nfer mult. choice VR pack, but we are confused as to what else!

Are The Tutors, AFN, Walsh and IPS all relevant? Do we need all the types/papers? I'm not sure she even now has time to do ALL of these before November. Which are the most important to focus on?

Many thanks in advance
capers123

Re: Which pratice papers?

Post by capers123 »

Perplexed 2009 wrote:Are The Tutors, AFN, Walsh and IPS all relevant? Do we need all the types/papers? I'm not sure she even now has time to do ALL of these before November. Which are the most important to focus on?
There's also the perennial rumour that Glos CC will change the exam type. So far it hasn't happened yet, but if & when it does, we'll probably only find out when the sample papers come from the school. But at least everyone would be in the same boat.
Capers
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

Welcome to the forum!

There are quite a few past discussions on the papers for Gloucestershire-try this one for starters

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... php?t=7392

You need to concentrate on the 15 question types-we used Susan Daughtrey Bright Sparks(not her books1-7),Walsh,and the NFER papers(Gl assessment now I think).My mind is beginnign to lose this information after a few years!

Regards,Gloucestermum.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi gloucestermum

The following is a link to a discussion in the Gloucestershire section of the forum last year. There was some indication that the tests contained questions from the 6 additional question types.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... sc&start=0

Regards

Mike
Mike Edwards is a co-author of The Tutors product range.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now