What time do the emails get sent out on 1st March?

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Louey

What time do the emails get sent out on 1st March?

Post by Louey »

Does anyone know from past experience? It doesn't say on the Herts website. (At least I can't find it).
Hera

Re: What time do the emails get sent out on 1st March?

Post by Hera »

For my first DC it was around 8pm and for the second it was before I collected from school so around 3pm. I think they generally start sending them out around 3 to 4pm. I will be waiting this year too. Good luck.
bondgirl

Post by bondgirl »

5 years ago, DS’s email came through at 17.43 and 7 years ago DD1’s came through at 17.22. Those times aren’t etched forever on my memory - i just searched my emails. I am in a different area though. I’ll also be waiting for an email this year too, for the third and final time.
Hera

Post by Hera »

This was the official line last time we applied. It came in an email a week or so before allocation day. It says 6pm, but I double checked my allocation email which came at 15.08.
RELEASE OF ALLOCATION INFORMATION

Allocation emails will be despatched after 18:00 on 02 March 2015.

There will be no information available online prior to allocation emails being sent. The online system will be updated with allocation information after allocation emails have been sent, Late evening on 2 March 2015.

Please be aware that the settings of your local email service could mean that your email arrives several hours after it has been despatched from Hertfordshire County Council.

Information about how to respond to your allocation and other options will be included in your allocation email.

Please remember to keep all your details including email address up to date by logging into the online system.

Regards
Admissions and Transport Team
Children's Services
Hertfordshire County Council
Otter

Post by Otter »

Last year I received the email at about 14:45, however due to the bulk of emails that have to go through the system they say they should arrive by a much later time to avoid anxious parents ringing them up and jamming their switchboard.

I don't think that you can expect to get them much before the time I received the notification for my DS as the primary schools would prefer HCC to send them later to prevent parents dashing off to their DC's school to attempt to tell their child as soon as possible.
Middlesexmum

Post by Middlesexmum »

I'm in Harrow and last time I got the email around 5pm. Good luck to everyone waiting, not long to go now!
Louey

Post by Louey »

Thanks - it's going to be a long day tomorrow!
Helenp01

Post by Helenp01 »

Last year I received mine at 3pm! I remember hollering in the car with excitement and then realising that I was being watched by many! I didn’t tell my ds until we had left the school though as I felt it was unfair as others were still waiting or maybe didn’t have such positive news.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now