SW Herts consortium test format

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
bt77

SW Herts consortium test format

Post by bt77 »

Can anyone advise of the likely length (timewise) and number of questions for the maths and VR tests? Also is the Maths multiple choice format? This is unclear from the consortium website.

Many thanks!
priyakheterpal

Re: SW Herts consortium test format

Post by priyakheterpal »

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/schoo ... re-11-plus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

The maths is standard format GL and is not hard but students rush as they gain confidence and end up not reading the questions properly.

The VR is English CEM, it is the same paper as DAO. This requires strong vocabulary skills and is worth preparing for carefully.

The Maths has not changed but they moved from Moray House VR to CEM in 2015 and the scores have not recovered. The old VR was a lot easier to get top scores in.

The CEM has brought the total score down but you ony get the one score so you can't see the breakdown of the Maths and CEM score.

Look in the CEM section for my posts about this CEM paper. Students who read widely are more likely to do well in this paper. DG
Otter

Post by Otter »

My son said that the maths test ran for about 50 minutes. However the VR test was broken down into sections, for example 15 minutes was allowed for the first set of questions and then they moved on to the next sub-paper, but I don't know how many questions or time per subsection was allocated.
thisisnuts

Post by thisisnuts »

Otter wrote:My son said that the maths test ran for about 50 minutes. However the VR test was broken down into sections, for example 15 minutes was allowed for the first set of questions and then they moved on to the next sub-paper, but I don't know how many questions or time per subsection was allocated.
The content of each section of the VR paper, and the time allocated, can vary every year.

Overall, the VR should also be 50 minutes.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now