Siblings on CAF

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Fab11craze

Siblings on CAF

Post by Fab11craze »

Hi

Do you choose only one school on CAF if you want the same school as a sibling.
Do siblings always get a place in co-ed consortium schools? My son sat the test but didn’t do as well as his brother so we relying on a sibling place.

Thanks
scary mum

Re: Siblings on CAF

Post by scary mum »

You need to read the admissions criteria for the school you are interested in.
scary mum
Otter

Post by Otter »

Fab11craze wrote:Hi

Do you choose only one school on CAF if you want the same school as a sibling.
Do siblings always get a place in co-ed consortium schools? My son sat the test but didn’t do as well as his brother so we relying on a sibling place.

Thanks
If your older son's school has the sibling rule high up in the admission criteria then you stand a very high chance of getting in, the test score becomes somewhat irrelevant but having done the test there's no reason not to enter it on the SIF for that school anyway.

Secondly, I'd advise against only putting one school on the CAF for the 'just in case he doesn't get in' scenario; just fill the other slots with what you would deem as acceptable alternatives in your opinion.
Fab11craze

Post by Fab11craze »

Thanks Otter, sibling is quite high on the criteria list, it’s above academic and music.
But, I think you are right, I should list others, just in case.

We will be very disappointed if he doesn’t get a sibling place....I guess I was hoping someone here would tell me to just put the one School down on the CAF that he was guaranteed a place :shock:

But I suppose nothing is certain until 1st March :|
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

If you only put one school down then if you don't get that you can be offered any school with spaces ...
Fab11craze

Post by Fab11craze »

Guest55 wrote:If you only put one school down then if you don't get that you can be offered any school with spaces ...
Oh, in that case, it definitely makes sense to put other schools down. Thanks.
Hera

Post by Hera »

Which school is it?
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

If putting just one school down on your CAF gave you a place at that school then that is what everyone would do!

So that could never work. DG
Fab11craze

Post by Fab11craze »

Hera wrote:Which school is it?
It’s Rickmansworth, sibling is the 4th criteria on their admission details.
There’s no mention of a restriction on the number of sibling places or what happens if there are too many...which lead me to think all siblings must get a place....hence why I thought I could safely just put the one school on my CAF?
Hera

Post by Hera »

All siblings have always been offered at Ricky. I know many parents who only listed Ricky in the past, however if it was me I would still list a couple of others as you have nothing to lose by doing so. I listed four schools even though I was guaranteed all of them just in case :lol:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now