New allocation at Parmiter's, can we decline??

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Father1982

New allocation at Parmiter's, can we decline??

Post by Father1982 »

Hi All,
First preference for my DS was Parmiter's, although we did not get that, we got our second preference SCD. I have received a mail today from Harrow council (we are within Harrow) that Parmiter's has allocated us a place and lower preference school will now be removed. Does this mean DS has been removed from SCD, we really like SCD now and do not want him taken off. Please help!
scary mum

Re: New allocation at Parmiter's, can we decline??

Post by scary mum »

I would call them. Generally the advice is that if you don't want the place any more you should take your DC's name ofed the waiting list as you will lose the original place if a higher preference is offers (as that place will have been offered to someone else, so no longer exists). I have no idea how immoveable this is in Herts, but I would get onto them ASAP.
scary mum
fiate2000

Post by fiate2000 »

Father1982 wrote:Hi All,
First preference for my DS was Parmiter's, although we did not get that, we got our second preference SCD. I have received a mail today from Harrow council (we are within Harrow) that Parmiter's has allocated us a place and lower preference school will now be removed. Does this mean DS has been removed from SCD, we really like SCD now and do not want him taken off. Please help!
Father1982 - as a future reference for others, could you please share the outcome / your experience?
Father1982

Post by Father1982 »

Hi fiate2000!

Sure, I am not checking the site regularly thus the delayed reply, apologies!

We declined Parmiter's, after confirming from Harrow council that my sons offer from SCD will stay. Since I was in Harrow council they were asking if I want to take the new offer, only in that case I would have lost SCD. Not entirely sure that this will be true in case you are in Swhertz council.

Thanks!
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Was there some reason why you did not take your ds off the Parmiter's waiting list when you decided you no longer wanted your son to go to the school?

Surely you realised the whole point of a waiting list is a ranked list of parents to call when a place comes up? DG
Father1982

Post by Father1982 »

Hi Daogroupie,
That was my bad, I should have done that. Had a nice sit-down with wife on that too, was a great day :lol: !

Thing is we were hoping that he would get Parmiters till the second round, after that once we started communicating with SCD we really liked it. Offer came on the last day of waiting list, and by then we were not ready to shift. I should have removed him once we made our minds up, that is where I erred. Thank you for reminding me of that day :lol: !

Regards!
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

So what was your score and your position on the waiting list?

Hope the person who got the space had the time to get the uniform. DG
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Daogroupie wrote:So what was your score and your position on the waiting list?

I am sure they would have got the uniform, this was a month ago
Father1982

Post by Father1982 »

Daogroupie wrote:So what was your score and your position on the waiting list?

He scored 245 and was WL 1.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now