Secondary Schools

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
watmum

Re: Secondary Schools

Post by watmum »

GG
ranmis wrote:By the way, do u mind telling me which are the really bad schools, just so I'm aware.
You must make up your own mind, one persons opinion of "bad" will not necessarily equate to another persons, and, as WP has said, things can change quickly. As you have probably gathered, if you want a pure grammar, which, from your posts it sounds like you do, then Watford/Garston are not the place to look.

Good luck with your investigations
AlisonR

Post by AlisonR »

I agree that the only way to form an opinion of a school is to look round it and make sure you take your children as they are the ones who will have to go there.

Also, look around in year 5 as well as year 6 if you can ... we went through the year 7 admissions this year and had not visited any of the schools previously... it was very exhausting to look at all the schools we were considering and in fact we didn't get to look at them all in the end.

Both me, my husband and my son had preconceived ideas of what school was going to be 1st choice and having looked around it, it didn't even get in our choice of three! (mainly because we all prefered a different selective that was "easier" to get into).

Alison
ranmis

Grammar Schools for boys living near watford

Post by ranmis »

Could someone give me the names of real grammar schools for boys, which are commutable from garston, watford.
AlisonR

Post by AlisonR »

There are no "real" grammar schools in Hertfordshire so people here may not be able to help.

You may want to try the Bucks board or a London one.

Alison
ranmis

Post by ranmis »

what about QE?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

The admissions policy on the school website states that they offer places to the top 160 boys on theire score in the second exam
(it seems 500 are called back for a second test)
There is no mention of distance in the policy so presumably if they can get into the top 160 then it doesn't matter where they live - within reason of course.
There have been lots of threads on the Herts / barnet forum about QE, not my part of the world so I don't know anymore than the school website. However there are people on this forum who have been through the process more than once and have shared their experiences, if you have look through the threads then maybe there will be someone writing from your area ???
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now