SW Herts consortium schools: admission statistics

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Nearlytimetopanic

Re: SW Herts consortium schools: admission statistics

Post by Nearlytimetopanic »

Thanks Queenie. It seems that Queens and St. Clement Danes have posted the lowest scores that gained an academic place on 1st March 2013. I'm curious to see how far those scores came down by September, as this varies quite a bit from school to school, and wondered if anyone who gained a late place would mind posting the score.
Of course, pondering the different scores may turn out to be pointless when we finally get DD's....but I'm trying to avoid thinking about that for the moment! :)
millean

Post by millean »

Hi

These stats are great-thanks.

I am seriously looking at Parmiters (v Private) but other school info may be useful for others

Do you have 2013 statistics on

1 How many took the tests in total
2 How many who took the tests were interested in a particular school
3 How many actually applied after test results to a particular school
3 How many turned down places by school

Parmiters v Watford the academic offer v actual cut off difference is -6 (246 v 240) v -3 (243 v 239) meaning I think more people going private v Parmiters than Private v Watford-any thoughts on why this is the case or is it just the sample size etc

Thanks
puch

Post by puch »

Hi WP!
Thanks for the great collection of data.
By any chnace do you have stats for cut-off marks for outer catchment for Parmiters?
On the school website it only gives for last year which is 270. I'm from outer catchment (HA2 9) and belive the only school applicable for me is Parmiters. My DS got good score but not too sure if still ok for Parmiters.
Any more info will be helpful
Pumpkin1000

Post by Pumpkin1000 »

Hi

I just called St Clements Danes to check their September cut off score for last year and I was told it was 235.
HenryVIII

Post by HenryVIII »

Note to Puch - why don't you email the admissions officer & ask? Only the 3 highest qualifying scores will count for academic entry and they are likely to be sky high scores.

You also qualify for St Clement Danes and Bushey Meads who don't have priority areas, although use distance in the case of a tie-break.
HenryVIII

Post by HenryVIII »

Note to Milean:

I think you are being a bit optimistic with your expectations of what data is in the public domain! The numbers taking the tests should be knowable but the other information would be purely speculative and last year was the first year the results were published before the CAF and the first time Herts families had 4 options rather than 3.

This MAY be useful http://www.hertsdirect.org/docs/pdf/adm ... MOnotr1213" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (outturn report for 2011/12) which looks at the population of Herts (not just the consortium schools; just over 16,000 children BTW) and the outcomes by area/primary schools in terms of getting a ranked school vs a non-ranked school. It does have helpful data which lists the PANs for all the schools in one place. It doesn't show where children went from each primary school. Our head teacher told us at our briefing regarding secondary transfer which schools children got into (quite numerically detailed over a 2 year period) at my DS's primary school but this information is not collated and made publicly available. The outturn report is created by Herts and so the information is inward looking.
WP

Post by WP »

puch wrote:By any chnace do you have stats for cut-off marks for outer catchment for Parmiters?
On the school website it only gives for last year which is 270. I'm from outer catchment (HA2 9) and belive the only school applicable for me is Parmiters. My DS got good score but not too sure if still ok for Parmiters.
The school publishes numbers for the last 4 years on their website. Not even the admissions officer at Parmiter's will know this year's cutoff until the actual applications are processed, and they won't reveal it before allocation day next March. But since you're in a London borough you can put 6 choices on your CAF, and there's probably room for Parmiter's. I assume you've thought about how your child would get there each day.
puch

Post by puch »

Thaks WP & HenryVIII !!

Yes travelling is an issue but this will help me in deciding the priority on CAF.
decaff

Post by decaff »

Do we know when cut off scores for September will be available? Also I noted from new PAN admissions that Bushey M has increased by 30 for 2015 and Bushey Academy but not SCD. I thought SCD were also increasing by 30.
WP

Post by WP »

decaff wrote:Do we know when cut off scores for September will be available?
Requests went out on the weekend. Now waiting for the schools to reply.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now