Herts/Watford 11+ Papers

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

happy

Herts/Watford 11+ Papers

Post by happy »

Does anyone know where I can get hold of the Herts/Watford 11+ past papers please? :)
tense

Post by tense »

Hello happy & welcome to the forum!

I assume you mean the SW Herts consortium tests? If so, you will find a lot of information in the Herts section, especially in WP's excellent "sticky". I have copied the following extract for you -

What is the format of the SW Herts tests?

We can only say what happened in the past; the schools might change the formats without notice. Beware that they may suggest a particular publisher for practice, but this may not mean that the actual tests will be supplied by that publisher. It might be wise to practice a wide variety of types to avoid being taken by surprise.

There are two papers, mathematics and verbal reasoning. Both papers have been standard format (i.e. written answers) for as long as anyone can remember, and working was done on the test paper.

In previous years, the maths has been NFER Nelson (now known as GL Assessment), 50 questions in 50 minutes, and no more challenging than KS2 maths.

For VR, they switched from NFER to Moray House (100 questions in 45 minutes) in 2005 or 2006. Many children reported that the VR was more difficult to complete in time than the Maths. But there is a problem with Moray House papers: there's a limited number of them. St Michael's in Barnet had to hurriedly set a second group of tests in 2007 because of allegations that tutors had given the very same papers to their charges for practice (see this thread). After similar problems with Moray House papers, Warwickshire have found a new source (see this thread). The SW Herts consortium might take that as a warning and look for another VR supplier.
watfordmum66

Post by watfordmum66 »

Hi,

I'm assuming that you are talking re South West Consortium School Tests.

read the sticky and if you have any further questions Im sure someone will be along to answer.

welcome to the Forum
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now