Admission statistics

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

aka

Admission statistics

Post by aka »

Just looking at the sticky for admission statistics 2009. I assume that the March heading relates to the scores for the schools when the results first came out on 2nd March. If so, I am not sure that the scores are wholly correct. My DS got a place at Parmiters on academic, when I asked the school for his scores they emailed me with the results and also advised me by email that the lowest score to gain entry on 2nd March was 252. My friend's son gained entry to WGSB (outer) on academic and was advised that the lowest score on 2nd March was 257 (outer) and that 248 was the lowest score for the inner children. Hope this helps. Apologies if I have misunderstood the sticky.
WP

Post by WP »

It's possible. Here's the detail. I wrote to each of the schools in May, asking for the number admitted under each criterion and for the cutoff distances and scores, both for the start of the school year (Sep) 2008 and allocation day (Mar) 2009.

Parmiters' responded on 17th June with two sets of figures, merely labelled 2008 and 2009. The figures labelled 2008 I assumed were the Sep 2008 figures I had requested, and they showed plausible movement from the figures they supplied me in June last year. It may be that the figures labelled 2009 give the position at the time they wrote, i.e. June, rather than March.

WB responded on 3rd June. For numbers admitted and the distance cutoff, they gave two sets of figures, labelled Year 7 September 2008 and 2nd March 2009. However for the cutoff scores, they merely gave one set of figures, without indicating what time they referred to. Since some of the cutoff scores are higher than the corresponding March 2008 cutoffs they gave me last year, I presume they cannot be for Sep 2008, but cannot be sure they are for Mar 2009. I have written to the school asking for clarification, but have had no response.
aka

Post by aka »

Hi WP. Yes I think that the figures that you have been given are for June. I know someone with a score of 246 who gained entry to Parmiters from the CI list at the end of May. I was also advised by email that the lowest music score in March was 84. Hopefully the schools will clarify this for you. Thanks for your hard work!
WP

Post by WP »

WB have now given me the corrected figures, and they're on the sticky. (Though I guess aka isn't here any more.)