Sibling rule

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

greenteadrinker

Sibling rule

Post by greenteadrinker »

Does the sibling rule work in reverse....??

For example my second child is sitting the consortium test in November...My first child (as many of you know) obtained a place at BH, but is now going to an independentdent school...My second child (academically wise) is very different from my first and i am hoping that they will win a place at a school of our choice (I am being cautiously optomistic here...!!)

If my second child were to win a place at a consortium school, would my elder child be eligible for a place under the sibling rule if a place should come up in the older year groups??
Always look on the bright side of life
watfordmum66

Post by watfordmum66 »

Hi GTD,
Nice to hear from you again. I have no clue as to the sibling rule but just wanted to say I am pleased you are all sorted out for September and hope your DS enjoys his new school.
good Luck with DS2 :)
watmum

Post by watmum »

Now, don't quote me on this, and I am going back about 8 years LOL, but, if my memory serves me correctly, this did happen in the past as I seem to recall. I know of a lady whose second DD got in on the test, and subsequently the elder DD managed to secure a place, following a short wait on a CI list. Mind you, this was years ago, Oh, and by the way I am talking about Parmiter's, not sure which school you would be waiting on. Always best to get these things officially answered by the school I guess.

Nice to see a post from you again, and good to hear that DS is sorted, what Indie school did you go for (just nosey, you don't have to say)
greenteadrinker

Post by greenteadrinker »

Managed to secure a place at Aldenham...

Cant ask the sibling question of the school yet, cos dont know which schools yet we will put on the form, I guess the answers the various schools give us will determine what schools get added to the list :D
Always look on the bright side of life
sortie

Post by sortie »

Well from past experience your child should go to the top of the CI list once your youngest child had started. However you would have to wait for a vacancy to come up before a place was offered. This happened to a fiend of mine, You could however appeal next year once you have accepted a place for your other child. I have also known success with this at Rickmansworth 2 years ago, however I guess there is never any guarentee. Good luck.
local school mummy
Genesis

Post by Genesis »

Have heard of this happening with Queens last year.
Will be watching your progress on this with great interest :wink: as some of you know our daughter ended up with BH too, and if our son, manages to secure a place at one of his chosen schools next year, i'm sure we'd be wondering exactly the same thing!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now