Herts Music Test Today

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Posey

Clement Danes and other music tests

Post by Posey »

We are anxiously awaiting the CD Music Test results. Good luck to all the children who are or have sat music tests. We will just be glad when all the exams are over and DD can take her foot off the pedal slightly for Christmas!
*** CONFUSED !!! ***

Re: Clement Danes and other music tests

Post by *** CONFUSED !!! *** »

Posey wrote:We are anxiously awaiting the CD Music Test results. Good luck to all the children who are or have sat music tests. We will just be glad when all the exams are over and DD can take her foot off the pedal slightly for Christmas!

Hear Hear !!!
Knowledge is power

skools

Post by skools »

Hi Music test letter arrived today- Heart raced as thought it must be a yes as the no s don't get notified.
But sadly it was a no, think its good to let us know one way or other unlike previous years where you just had to sit and wait.

So just need to tell my 10 yr old its a no - which seems a horrid thing to have to do a few days before the VR and maths test.
Just waiting to find out how her 3 best friends did- hoping at least one of them got no too so she doesn't feel bad but then if they get music places that's more academic places free.

Be truly glad when this all over.
tense

Post by tense »

Altho' my experience was a couple of years ago - when the "no audition" children didn't get a letter, I knew my DD was unsuccessful before the academic exam (as in, it became obvious!). My friends & I - none of whose DC got an audition - decided not to tell them before the exam.

If this is a possibility for you I'd recommend it.

Luckily my DD did get through the academic exam :D
Wanner

How many auditioning children?

Post by Wanner »

We got two letters this morning - one DAO, with a kindly no thank you (needed 46 to go forward, he got 44) and one from the Watford schools inviting him back to play. We largely did this to have the exam experience before the VR/Maths so I haven't looked very hard at music places allocation... Does anyone know how many children are called back to perform? What sort of standard are those that receive places on music? I'm hoping that if nothing else the fact that he's got through one will be a general condidence booster. We were most impressed at both schools (DAO and Queens) at how well organised they were; DS came out smiling from both :)
*** CONFUSED !!! ***

Have been following this thread with interest, and am sooooooooo proud to say I have just received a letter confirming my DC (who had no prior experience or practice) has passed the academic music test and has been called back for a practical audition (the letter brought tears to my eyes ... how sad am I? lol).

Just wondering, is it possible to find out my DC's actual result for the academic music test?

I hope that nobody takes offence to my post and I would like to make it VERY clear that I am NOT intending to boast : I am just curious to know what my DC's result was.

Would be grateful if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks, and fingers crossed for everyone else too
Knowledge is power

watfordmum66

Post by watfordmum66 »

Hi,

I know of two children who won places on music criteria last year. One was about to take Grade 2 Flute and won a place at parmiters the other had just taken grade 1 guitar and won a place at Queens.
skools

Post by skools »

So my day getting worse just heard that 2 of her best friends been asked back to audition so no chance of keeping quiet until after Saturdays test as naturally the mums are keen to let their children know they are through.

But congrats to other people whose children are through and good luck for the auditions.
*** CONFUSED !!! ***

Thanks watfordmum for the info : that is comforting to know.

Skools: re your post:
skools wrote:So my day getting worse just heard that 2 of her best friends been asked back to audition so no chance of keeping quiet until after Saturdays test as naturally the mums are keen to let their children know they are through.

But congrats to other people whose children are through and good luck for the auditions.

Idea for you : although I don't encourage lying, maybe you could say that your letter hasn't arrived yet ? ... in this way, perhaps it will save your DD from feeling let down ? Furthermore, it may help your DD from feeling disheartened before the VR exams, thereby keeping her confidence up.

I don't know if that's the best way forward or not, but it's just an idea.

Wishing you and your DD the best of luck x
Knowledge is power

Sally Herts

Post by Sally Herts »

Congrats to those who got through - my DS didn't sit, as I've been very remiss in not getting him to play an instrument :D

Skools, I really feel for you. It is the friends issue that makes things so difficult. However, you might find that you feel much worse about it than she does. Perhaps she will see the written exam as another opportunity, particularly as she can concentrate on that, rather than worry about the music like her friends. After all, they still might not get in.

Good luck.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now