SW Herts music aptitude test

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Rosie42

Post by Rosie42 »

I can tell you there were some seriously scary kids there today - real child prodigies who should be going for Purcell!! One mum asked what would happen if little Johnnie's piece ran over 3 minutes (I was having the opposite concern that 30 secs was simply not long enough!!) :?

We felt a bit foolish but had a walk in Cassiobury Park and a hot chocolate and a bun and giggled together - nice morning for us both if nothing else! :lol:
Posey

Post by Posey »

Hi CJ
DD went for music audition this week. Sets herself high standards and was mortified when she missed a couple of notes on the second to last line of music. I reassured her that they are looking for musicality not marking her for her grade (which is coming up early Dec). She seems to feel a little better now. Agree with previous posts. The people at WGBS made DD feel very comfortable and at ease. Also agree that there were some children who came out jumping (literally) for joy and stabbing the air - felt for them as they obviously had felt the pressure. However, was a bit disconcerting for DD who hadn't yet played! Ho hum. Let's wait and see. Good luck to all those children. Glad to have some respite and so is DD. Roll on Christmas.......
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now