Do the SW Herts secondary schools use KS2 SATS for anything?

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mushroom

Do the SW Herts secondary schools use KS2 SATS for anything?

Post by mushroom »

Does anyone know if any of the schools in the SW Herts area use the KS2 SATS results to decide which children go into different forms / streams and/or if they use them for anything else?

I'd be interested in both schools that are part of the consortium that test for entry (e.g. Watford Grammar shools, Queens, Parmiter's, Bushy Meads etc.), Dame Alice Owen's and those that have no entrance tests e.g. St Albans Girls, Verulum, Townsend, Sandringham, Hertswood, Bushy Acadamy etc.

Thanks
tense

Post by tense »

I think that when my DD went to her "moving up" day at Parmiter's, in the July before she started there in the September, all the children were asked to take a copy of their SAT results (it was a couple of years ago now so perhaps they actually took them in the September).

Either way, by that stage they were already sorted into forms, so the SATs can't have been used for that purpose.
watmum

Post by watmum »

yes, I agree with that, parmiter's asked us to take a copy of their Sats results in with them, but I am not sure what happened with them. As tense said, the form/banding allocation was done following a streaming test.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

Sats results are used to set targets for KS3
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now