Parmiters waiting list

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
AlisonR

Post by AlisonR »

I noticed that Francis Combe didn't have any non-ranking allocations in this years outrun report.

I'm wondering if this is an error or if, as I have heard on the grapevine, that Francis Combe was oversubscribed this year and some people putting it down didn't actually get a place and were allocated a non-ranking school.

Can anyone confirm this?

Alison
stressed but survivor 2

Parmiters waiting list

Post by stressed but survivor 2 »

Two years ago my ds was 1st on the waiting list (academic) and was offered a place two weeks later. Both two years ago and last year when my dd entered, there were children who had places but who did not take them up and therefore places were made available in September, a week into the term. So don't give up hope! Unfortunately some parents use Parmiters as a failsafe even if they never intend their children to go there but to a more prestigious independent.
Ally

Post by Ally »

Hi

Good luck everyone. Pleas let me know if you hear any news. We'll just keep our fingers crossed, as we're 10th on academic. DS is happy with our second choice, but I know he would really enjoy the Parmiter's environment.

Ally
mn4538

Post by mn4538 »

I think it would be really useful if anyone reading this is, or knows someone who has been allocated a Parmiters place, either on academic or proximity and doesn't want it, as it would be really useful for us parents at or near the top of the waiting list to see what our chances were. I realise that there could be places that come available in September, but by that time uniform has been bought, travel arrangments arranged etc... so although would be glad to get a place at any time, sooner rather than later would be preferred!!
matthews

Post by matthews »

hi Ally, we are completely the same as you. No other topic of conversation in our house at the moment. I was foolish to think this would all be over after March 3 rd. Should of known better. Agony.
Its very tempting to keep calling the school and see if anyone has given up a place. But don,t want to drive the nice lady at Parmiters mad. So will need to try and distract myself for nearly two weeks. !!!!!!
Ally

Post by Ally »

Hi Mathews

I don't think there will be any news until 20th March as they'll have to re offer any places etc. But you're higher up the list than we are, so hopefully you'll get some good news in a couple of weeks.

Ally
stardreamer

Post by stardreamer »

I think that we need to start a new thread.......

"Have you turned down an academic place at Parmiters?"

xx
lotsakids

Post by lotsakids »

I've been following the forum for a while, but now feel prompted to post with GOOD NEWS for someone!! We have accepted a place at St Albans High School for DD1 and once I receive confirmation (having hand-delivered the acceptance and cheque yesterday) that all is ok, we will turn down the acedemic place at Parmiter's.

Hoping this offers a glimmer of hope. Good luck to all on the waiting list.
stardreamer

Post by stardreamer »

Thanks Lotsofkids for posting!!!!!........It has given me, and I am sure many others, a glimmer of hope!! I wish your child lots of luck at her school.
matthews

Post by matthews »

LOTSOFKIDS- Thank you so much for letting us know. I really appreciate it. It means a lot at this stage. If anyone else has similar news, please post it.
Thankyou.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now