Parmiters or Rickmansworth?

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

zedmeister

Parmiters or Rickmansworth?

Post by zedmeister »

Hi all,
We are in Nascot Wood (WD17) so probably not in the distance catchment for any school, closest being about 1.5 miles to WGBS :(
We are thinking of going for QE Barnet, WGBS and are then thinking of either Parmiters or Rickmansworth for option 3. Ignoring the fact that they are all selective schools, looking at WP's post on the test scores required for each school, is there much point in putting Parmiters as the 3rd choice? I'm thinking that if DS did not make WGBS then he is not really going to get Parmiters as the min score required is usually a mark or 2 higher? Is that correct or are there other factors? Are we safer putting Rickmansworth as they have a lower exam minimum score?
What do you all think?
Many thanks!
watmum

Re: Parmiters or Rickmansworth?

Post by watmum »

Hi there. From my own experience, and that of my friends, it is easier to secure a Ricky place than Parmiters. Those of us who succeeded in getting Parmiters, did so on the second round of allocations, and all of us were offered Ricky initially. We put Parmiters first and Ricky second.

Hope that helps
AlisonR

Post by AlisonR »

Over the past 6 years there was only 1 year when the required Parmiters score was lower than the Watford Boys Grammar (inner area) score.

So statistically speaking it seems that putting Parmiters after Boys Grammar has been a wasted preference in 5 out of the last 6 years. Of course this doesn't mean it will be this year but bearing in mind that you are putting all selectives, you could play a bit safer by putting Ricky and then you may be able to go onto the continued interest list for Parmiters once allocations have been made should you feel the need.

Alison
zedmeister

Post by zedmeister »

Hi,
Thanks for all the help - this is what I was thinking. I have filled in QE Barnet, WGBS, and Ricky as my 3 choices. If on allocation day we get Ricky, I assume that QEB don't have much in the way of waiting lists, so could we then amend our preferences to say WGBS and Parmiters and see if anything "falls out"? How does the CI process work - can we amend this online after 1st March? Do I need to make sure I have sent the Parmiters CIF in so they have our details?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now