List of allowed items for 11+ exams for various schools

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

newbie2010

List of allowed items for 11+ exams for various schools

Post by newbie2010 »

DS is due to sit 11+ exams in Oct, Nov, Dec and Jan for the following schools :-

QE Boys
Parmiters
Mill Hill County
Habs
Merchant Taylors

Does anyone know what stationery items are allowed to be taken into the exams i.e Pencils, erasers, ruler, paper (for rough work) or all some/all of these provided?

Also, does he need to take any snacks? If so, what is allowed?

Thanks in advance
busybeenfun

Re: List of allowed items for 11+ exams for various schools

Post by busybeenfun »

Hi - For the SW consortium test (covers Parmiters) they can take in pencils, pencil sharpner, rubber but not rough paper. I don't think there was any restriction on the type of snack/drink.

When you apply and are given the venue/time that they will sit the test, the letter will also contain info on the above.

Good luck
newbie2010

Post by newbie2010 »

Thanks for your reply busybeenfun.

I guess we will find out more details when the individual schools reply wrt the tests.
yogkruti

Post by yogkruti »

Anybody knows if they are allowed to take in a wrist-watch for the QEB and the Watford consortium exams please? (hopefully this would all be explained in the "invitation" letter for the exams)

As an aside... got the shock of my life in the post office yesterday when I nearly sent a couple of schools each other's application :shock: :oops:

Thankfully the DC noticed and pulled me up just in time!

You can tell its getting on my nerves now! :lol:
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Dear Yoghurti, Thank goodness the PO was on the ball. I hand delivered all my app forms last yeqr to minimise any issues but this year Clement Danes refused to accept our form at the open day so we will have to post. I thought it was a bit short sighted of them as us poor herties with only three spaces on our CAf might get carried away at an open day and put in the form there and then and then might want to change later. But they prob have hundreds more aoo forms than they really want so they can afford to be strict.

My dd wore a wrist watch to all her exams last year. She had a ruler raken off her at DAO which she never got back but that was an oversight, she had not intended to bring it. The Watford consortium was the most lax of the lot. They were allowed to take their lunchboxes into the exam with them and one went off saying exterminate. The invids did not seem to be able to find it so it went on for some time so I would urge everyone to do papers with unexplained loud noiises in the room. She also had children crying, coughing, sighing and kicking her chair from behind. She even had some boys drumming a beat on their desk with their heels and other boys responding with a chorus! Astonishing. DG
*** CONFUSED !!! ***

Post by *** CONFUSED !!! *** »

Daogroupie wrote: She also had children crying, coughing, sighing and kicking her chair from behind. She even had some boys drumming a beat on their desk with their heels and other boys responding with a chorus! Astonishing. DG
Hi DAO - longtime! ;)
Hope u r well. Just had to respond to your post as I was flabbergasted to hear that all that commotion went on (I had previously read about the lunchbox saga somewhere on this forum), and more to the point, that the commotion was allowed to continue during the exams. How totally unfair and off-putting for the poor children trying to concentrate. Let's hope this year and forthcoming years that the responsible adults take a bit more control of situations like that.
Knowledge is power

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now