CAF choices for DC based in Harrow

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
bagesh

CAF choices for DC based in Harrow

Post by bagesh »

Hello fellow parents,

We are based in Harrow and would like to know from other parents who have been through the process of CAF choices in the past years.
We will be approaching with this gruesome choice soon and hence looking for ideas.

Thanks in advance.

regards,
bk
harrow123

Re: CAF choices for DC based in Harrow

Post by harrow123 »

You can choose

QEBoys
Tiffin Boys
Reading boys (if you can move to Reading before nov 2011)
Langley Grammar School
Herschel Grammar School
Slough Grammar School

and you can consider Bucks grammar schools if you can move within thier catchment in right time

I suggest keep the child prepared for VR/NVR/Maths/English (including essay writing).

So whatever schools you decide before Oct 31st 2011, but still your DC is able to go for it if he is prepared fully
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

That presumes that the child passes the exams - any child can have a problem on the day, even if you do have the results you may find the school is oversubscribed - so you need to include a non selective option you would be happy with.
KS10

Post by KS10 »

... and there is no point in putting down any old school in Harrow as it could be a wasted choice if it is over-subscribed and you live too far away from it.
KS10

Post by KS10 »

Sorry, I should have said that it's inadvisable if all your choices are going to be tough ones.
harrow123

Post by harrow123 »

harrow123 wrote:You can choose

QEBoys
Tiffin Boys
Reading boys (if you can move to Reading before nov 2011)
Langley Grammar School
Herschel Grammar School
Slough Grammar School

and you can consider Bucks grammar schools if you can move within thier catchment in right time

I suggest keep the child prepared for VR/NVR/Maths/English (including essay writing).

So whatever schools you decide before Oct 31st 2011, but still your DC is able to go for it if he is prepared fully
slough grammar school is not a tough one to get into if you compare rest of the schools in the list. yes good to include one non-selective though I did not include any non-selective in my CAF. luckily i am safe though