Today is the day the PAN lists are assessed!!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Chilled

Re: In Herts we were forced to apply online no paper forms w

Post by Chilled »

Daogroupie wrote:We had no choice but to apply online. No paper forms were sent out this year. We were told we could call and request one but when I did I was told that management had told them they were not allowed to send any out. I called back several times to try and get a different operative but got the no every time. I then wrote and asked for one but got no reply. DG
That's outrageous. What happens to people who do not have internet access? They are probably few and far between but there are still some people out there without computers.
Daogroupie

Re: Today is the day the PAN lists are assessed!!!

Post by Daogroupie »

Actually I was having problems with my Internet access at the time. And I used that as a reason that I wanted a paper copy. But I was just told to go to the library. I tried to phone and order a music book yesterday and was told I had to go to their website. Perhaps when more people have had money stolen out of a credit card they have used online as I have they won't be quite so keen to do everything online. I only do it now when I absolutely have to, if there is any alternative I use it. Opening up my statement to find transactions I knew nothing about that were a direct result of simply purchasing music books concentrates the mind wonderfully on other options! DG
Chilled

Post by Chilled »

Daogroupie wrote: But I was just told to go to the library. DG
That's going to work well when local councils have closed half of them to save money!
C. J.

Post by C. J. »

That is weird, maybe DG just got a duffer? Several parents at my school requested paper copies as we have a number that aren't online and nobody seemed to have a problem. I have been incensed though, that they've axed the support for parents who have little English; they will get an interpreter to the 'phone, but that's about it. I have ended up sitting with the parent and form myself!
Charl39

Post by Charl39 »

Last year in Barnet the PAN London (E-Admissions) site crashed during the night before allocations day. It was ok at 11pm when I checked but when I woke up in the night and had a quick look it was down and contined to be til the end of that day. Very disappointing. I phoned the council and got the result over the phone just before 9:00 am but it was disappointing not to have an email/official confirmation as expected. And as you can imagine, hard to get through on the phone as everyone was calling with the same request. Apparently this happened in previous years - too many people are trying to log on all at once and it just can't cope with the traffic. I received an email too but it was quite a bit later in the day. After all the build up the process was a total let down.
Charl39
purplerose69

Post by purplerose69 »

At the end of the day whether it is at midnight or 1st March or 2nd March - doesn't matter. What matters is what school they get into and whether it is the school they really wish! Don't mind waiting extra few hours or a couple of days as long as it is what we want......
MertonMum

Post by MertonMum »

Not everyone has your patience PurpleRose! I can't believe it takes PAN Authority so long to work out school places :shock: ...and it doesn't matter which region you go to on this site - it seems they all crash on allocation day. I know I'm going to feel sick with nerves on 1st March and having to wait longer than the allocated time will be difficult!
Hopefuldad

Post by Hopefuldad »

Yes I couldnt agree more, on the redbridge website it suggests the Pan London admissions is finalised by the 13th Feb (sunday?) and we have to wait a further 2 weeks.

I couldnt apply on the internet because one of our schools is a southend school and wasnt available, so I have no choice but to wait till the 2nd march.
2Girlsmum

Post by 2Girlsmum »

We are planning a cinema trip after school that day withe the idea that we can log in at 7pm without problems. I opted for a text notification when the results are available, so I'm hoping to restrain myself from logging in by phone at the cinema!!!
Cruyff_Turn

Post by Cruyff_Turn »

I was assuming that the text message will include details of the school allocated - or do I have that wrong, & the text is only to say that you can now log into the admissions website.... :?:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now