Don't expect any info during primary school day tomorrow

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Daogroupie

Don't expect any info during primary school day tomorrow

Post by Daogroupie »

Tense posted about getting the email at 3pm two years ago and in that year many people did receive their allocation while their children were at school and unfortunately some parents then beseiged their primary school insisting on talking to their child to tell them the news. This caused such a problem that many schools complained to Herts County Council and as a result HCC agreed for the next year, which was last year, not to start sending out the emails until after the primary school working day had finished. So don't expect to hear anything during the day tomorrow if you live in Herts.

Last year the email started being sent out at 5pm. We come near the end of the alphabet so we got our email about 6.30pm.

Good luck everyone for tomorrow. I hope you all get the news you want to hear, dont forget to let us all know before you start your wild celebrating. We will especially be looking forward to hearing about lovely children who will be joining my younger dd in Y7 at DAO in September. DG
l33na

Re: Don't expect any info during primary school day tomorrow

Post by l33na »

Thank you

My poor dd is sick this evening now. She did mention she was nervous but is vomiting so has a bug too. I told her we won't find out till late tomorrow evening, maybe midnight. I am nervous for her but think its better she does not know what time it may happen as she is unwell.

I am leaving work early to be home from 5pm.

Leena
Thorien

Re: Don't expect any info during primary school day tomorrow

Post by Thorien »

Just had a look at the HertsDirect website and it says:

Thank you for using the Hertfordshire Online Admissions System.

The system is currently unavailable while allocation information is being prepared for release.

•Online applicants who have confirmed an email address will receive their school allocation by email. Allocation emails will be dispatched from 6pm today.

•The Online Admissions System will then become available later this evening and you will be able to accept your allocation, opt out of continuing interest or register an appeal.

Please DO NOT contact the Customer Service Centre. Allocation information is not yet available and advisors can not provide further information at this stage.

Thank you for your patience.

Admissions & Transport Team

Just for info, so at least 6pm before the emails start going out!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now