very stressed mum WG boys

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

jo55

very stressed mum WG boys

Post by jo55 »

:roll: hi,
I am new to posting on this forum but have visited on numerous occasions to seek advice. My son who has been offered a place at St CD, but our first choice was WGboys, so we are on the continuing interest list. I am driving myself crazy counting the days until the week of the 21st to see if we are offered our first choice. Is it just me? I have phoned the school and found out where he is on the waiting list. He missed the academic score by 5 and the music score by 2, but is way down on the list as we are in the second catchment area. any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks Jo xx
WP

Re: very stressed mum WG boys

Post by WP »

Welcome to the forum, jo55. As you can see in the stats sticky, they didn't go very far down the academic list last year, but have gone down by 8-10 points in previous years. So you certainly have a chance, though you'll probably have to wait beyond 21st March, I'm afraid. But at least you can console yourself during the wait with the thought that you have a fine school in CD if it doesn't work out. The music list is also possible.
jo55

Post by jo55 »

Thanks WP. Pls could you direct me to the link that you re talking about. Thanks Jo
WP

Post by WP »

jo55 wrote:Thanks WP. Pls could you direct me to the link that you re talking about. Thanks Jo
In the Hertfordshire section of the forum, the second sticky thread is entitled "SW Herts consortium schools: admission statistics".
ajuba

Post by ajuba »

Would it be disasterous if he ended up in St CD's? Isn't that quite a good school too or is WBG in a different league? just wondering as we are planning on moving away from WBG more towards St CDs as its a nicer area.
jo55

Post by jo55 »

No it would not be terrible at all, but WGBS is our first choice.
Jo x
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now