St Albans Girls School (STAGS)

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Pushy Dad

Re: St Albans Girls School (STAGS)

Post by Pushy Dad »

WP. Distance is criteria 6, after siblings, special needs, of faith etc. These figures suggest that even applying all of the above criteria there were still places. Still hope for the atheists out there :-)
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

Sorry Pushy Dad - you are correct in view of oversubscriptions and I haven't read the admisiions policy. What I meant was that you don't have to be a bona fida Christian at the first count, as in some faith schools.
SAA

Post by SAA »

I have not logged on for a while now. Thanks P.D. - the cuts i must say have made us have second thoughts. Thanks for all your helpful responses.
Ally

Post by Ally »

Apparently the cuts have begun already. Bumped into someone on this morning's train who knows staff at Stags. The music budget has been severely cut with at least one music staff either gone or going
Having said that, all state schools are going to be hit by similar reductions.
Personally I wouldn't use the cuts as a reason to exclude a school from your possible list (unless it's a reason to exclude all state schools from your list of schools your considering ) as the cuts are effecting most/all state funded schools. I've heard that most state funded secondary school will be effected by some form of staffing cuts. It will be interesting to see how these cuts pan out and how they effect individual schools.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now