what next ?

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
bitworried

what next ?

Post by bitworried »

Hello, would really like some help please :?
just wondered what would be a good next book to work on with my daughter ( taking the test in Hertfordshire in Oct this year)
We have completed the technique and practice books 123, also the ips technique book and almost finished daily practice books 1 and 2. From an earlier post on here I was going to try Tutors 15 minute papers...but think they are multiple choice when she will be doing standard
Any help very gratefully recieved please :)
vasu

Re: what next ?

Post by vasu »

Hi!
Try Susan Daugherty for VR, Alpha papers for all the four subjects,Bonds, NEFR Nelson papers, Peter Robson for maths, AE tuition books for NVR. Which schools are you interested in? There are lots of resources in the market. One gets overwhelmed with choices! My Ds plans to give QE boys exam. It has multiple choice. So I try to find book with multiple choice options like NEFER Nelson papers.
Having one child makes you a parent; having two you are a referee.
worrier

Post by worrier »

Hi there,
GS Assessment are also useful - Mill Hill County do those + also St Michael's . All these have websites and saves a lot of time to get directly from publishers rather than WH Smith's as usually they have run out of papers.
HBS was NFER Nelson acc to DD, but only for VR and NVR - not Maths and English which was their own.
tense

Post by tense »

Hi bitworried

Do you mean your DD will be sitting the SW Herts consortium test? If so, this is maths & VR only, so no need to worry about English & NVR. Of course, if she is sitting for other schools this may differ...

A variety of books is helpful. Have a look at WP's helpful sticky at the top of the Herts page for further information.

Good luck!
bitworried

Post by bitworried »

thank you all so much for your v helpful replies. :D

yes it is sw consortium ( WGGS Ricky in particular)

meant to say have completed the Daughtry technique and practice books, but not sure now how to jump from ips 10 minute tests to longer books/ tests ..?

i guess a mixture is the best as anything could come up in VR ?

thanks
again for your help, will investigate the books mentionned :)
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Hello, we did SW consortium two years in a row for Clement Danes. I would recommend the Bright Sparks and Walsh and Athey. How are you doing with timing? You might find these ones much harder to do in the time but keep at it, it will get easier. DG
bitworried

Post by bitworried »

thank you v much - 2 years in a row wow poor you ! was a bit worried bright sparks might be like the other Daughtery books we already have ?
have ordered an Athey book thanks for tip.
not really timing yet she is just doing a 10 minute test daily, which is does in under 10 minutes, usually scoring 9 out of 10 ? she also does a Bond maths test daily
is this enough ? am working up to timing at half term ?
many thanks for advice :)
vasu

Post by vasu »

I would recommend introducing past papers of Indie schools like North London Collegiate or Habs. These papers are challenging, a bit scary I have to admit, but gets the juices flowing. The first attempt may be a bit disappointing but it will improve I promise. :wink: To keep the mind alert for 40-50mins is a challenge. A full blown mock paper/past paper does just that. :).
Having one child makes you a parent; having two you are a referee.
shailesh

Post by shailesh »

Hello Vasu, Can I request you to provide links for those papers so that I can download?

thanks

shailesh
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

If you go onto St Albans High School for Girls website you will find the three years worth of North London Consortium English and Maths papers. You will also find papers on Habs boys website. Also go onto CSSE website and order past papers from Essex. DG
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now