NVR- NFER pack 1 and 2

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

visitor1

NVR- NFER pack 1 and 2

Post by visitor1 »

Hello
Has anyone practised on nvr NFER packs 1 and 2?

Did your dc find pack 2 harder? Would you mind sharing any scores with me please. My son is preparing for QE and is getting in 90s for pack 1 but is finding pack 2 harder.

Thank you in advance
londonmum35

Re: NVR- NFER pack 1 and 2

Post by londonmum35 »

There's a few discussions about this on the non verbal forum, have a look there. Yes my daughter found pack 2 harder on first attempt than pack 1, (pack 2 mid 80s to low 90s on first attempt, getting used to timings mainly and score going up with each paper), but always found the mysterious paper 1 from pack 1 strangely hard until she'd had a few shots at it. But yes, on the other forum those that have posted have found pack 2 harder. Don't worry just keep practising, that's all you can do!
lemondrop

Post by lemondrop »

My DD's scores varied wildly across both packs. The first time she tried each paper she scored:

1 80%
2 93%
3 85%
4 90%
5 94%
6 75%
7 89%
8 76%

So her average for the first pack is slightly better than for the second pack (87% vs 83%) She was strictly timed for each one as well.

She did get through the NVR round at Latymer, so she must have done ok in their test.
visitor1

Post by visitor1 »

Thankyou for your replies.
Lemondrop, its so so helpful of you to give your daughters results. It has provided me with hope to carry on. I was very worried he was not getting high 90s in his first attempt. He finds other nvr papers easier but NFER has made him lose confidence. If your daughter got into Latymer she must be good. Well done to your dd (and you for your hard work also).
lemondrop

Post by lemondrop »

You're welcome, now that NVR and VR are out of the way for us I am happy to share. She improved on these scores when she took the papers again, but she only did them 2-3 times in total. She tried some other NVR papers but found most of them much easier than the GL ones, apart from Athey which she hated.

She's not into Latymer yet, she still has to sit round 2!

Latymer have always said that you need to aim to get at least 70 out of 80 to get through to the second round, this equates to 88%. I'm not sure if this is the same as other schools.