Last chance to day dream.....

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mangomum

Last chance to day dream.....

Post by mangomum »

Hi all,

The countdown to allocation day has started in our house. This has been the longest week ever and I don’t think I have ever wished away the days as I have done lately. To pass the time I thought I’d start this thread on what we’ll do to celebrate if we get the +ve outcome we had hoped for:

For us we’d get QE Boys – our no. 1 preference. :D :D :D

I imagine I’d get home before DS and find out the result. When he comes home I’d share it with him (with lots of hugs and a few joyous tears).

I’d order pizza, share good news with family and friends and get online to book the trip to Florida as promised to DS. :D :D :D

How will you celebrate?

MangoMum

---------------------------------------------------------

Last chance to join this train to Reality Ville. ETA is 5pm GMT.

Remember – if you can dream it you can do it! :D

BTW – DH woke me up at 2am wanting to know the user name and pw for eadmissions. I gave in – was too tired to argue at that time. :roll:

Good Luck to each and every one of you and your DC’s (you’ve all been amazing with your support in getting me through this journey) – I hope you get your preferred school.

Best wishes.

MangoMum
Last edited by mangomum on Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
MangoMum
vasu

Re: Time to day dream?

Post by vasu »

Oh! you said it mangomum....the longest week ever....that includes when I was getting married or having my boys!!!!!!!

We will be in swimming when the results will be out and will get the e-mail notification on my phone.....so I have to use all my will power not to open it. I have been imagining this day for a year now.....DS opens the results....he gets QE.....I cry.....ds rolls his eyes :roll: ....off to favourite restaurant.....buy Lego Mellinium Falcon...OH cries...cause it is so expensive :lol: .....dreams dreams dreams.....
Having one child makes you a parent; having two you are a referee.
lemondrop

Post by lemondrop »

LOL :lol: love the fantasy thread idea.

OK, we get the email, and are able to login straight away (unrealistic hope #1) DD gets either 1st choice HBS or 2nd choice Latymer, I really don't mind which one as there was so little in it for us. We all collapse on the floor sighing with relief and I completely forget to cook dinner. DS, who is 8, comes in and asks what we're all doing on the floor, and wants to know where his dinner is because he's hungry, then we all go out for pizza (and a ginormous glass of wine for me!)

When we get home we realise we've won the lottery and I book a fantastic holiday for the summer!

Unfortunately I suspect reality is going to involve waiting lists and more stress in the lemondrop house...
umm

Post by umm »

I'm taking him to the pub.
lemondrop

Post by lemondrop »

umm wrote:I'm taking him to the pub.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
mangomum

Post by mangomum »

lemondrop wrote:
umm wrote:I'm taking him to the pub.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I forgot to mention the opening of a bottle of Châteauneuf-du-Pape! :D

Also would have to print off the allocations page many times as proof that I'm not still daydreaming!

No need for a lotto win for us (though wouldn't compalain if we did!) - would be satisfied with the QE allocation - that would be enough for us - that would make my year for sure.

x
MangoMum
vasu

Post by vasu »

Ahhh no fun being a teetotalers is it :(. So will get myself a big wine glass full of cranberry juice and enjoy.......
Having one child makes you a parent; having two you are a referee.
sillymum

Post by sillymum »

mangomum wrote:Hi all,

The countdown to allocation day has started in our house. This has been the longest week ever and I don’t think I have ever wished away the days as I have done lately. To pass the time I thought I’d start this thread on what we’ll do to celebrate if we get the +ve outcome we had hoped for:

For us we’d get QE Boys – our no. 1 preference. :D :D :D

I imagine I’d get home before DS and find out the result. When he comes home I’d share it with him (with lots of hugs and a few joyous tears).

I’d order pizza, share good news with family and friends and get online to book the trip to Florida as promised to DS. :D :D :D

How will you celebrate?

MangoMum
Everything X Mangomum!! Go on book the tickets now :lol:
mangomum

Post by mangomum »

What about you sillymum how will you celebrate?
MangoMum
Red Dog

Post by Red Dog »

Thank you all for putting a smile on my face. :D

Was feeling so nervous and very worried, but after reading your posts I too am in dream land. The dream of just sheer relief and excitement ( and also a great big glass of wine!!!!).

Hope our dreams do come true.

Lots and lots of luck to you all.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now