Watford Girls Grammar - next step?

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Jojo2000

Re: Watford Girls Grammar - next step?

Post by Jojo2000 »

Cutting 42, I am beginning to think my dd got in to Parmiter's on proximity as we live on the other side of the road to the school. Tense, thanks for your helpful comments on Parmiter's. One of my concern as well is how she would cope with the transition from an indie to a comp and from a single sex school to a co-ed. All in all, I musn't grumble and just be grateful to have the luxury of choice as I know many parents who don't!

I really need to make a decision asap so I can reject the ones we do not want, to make space available for others.

Tense, I will PM you shortly.
bcd

Post by bcd »

Hi. I have just found this forum and have a girl in year 5. However I have two older girls, DD1 is at Watford Girls Y9 and DS2 is at Parmiters Y8. DD2 decided she didn't want an all girl school! Anyway, if you would have been happy with Watford Girls then I am sure that you will be delighted with Parmiter's. We have been thrilled, despite initial reservations. Academically the schools are similar, however Parmiter's feels a bit more rounded. Girls sport is taken more seriously than at Watford girls. I also feel that Parmiter's is slightly more accommodating and will have a dialogue with parents over issues. At Watford Girls I feel that the attitude is sometimes 'you are lucky to be here'. The head of Year 7 at Parmiter's is great, she can't do enough to help the children settle in. Both are good schools and I have overall been happy with both. Personally I now like the co-ed nature of Parmiters - despite this being my biggest reservation to begin with. Hope this helps.
Red Dog

Post by Red Dog »

Hi All,

Huge Congrats to all who got their chosen school and a Comfort Hug for those of you who weren't so lucky.

Found out that DD is 31 on outer waiting list at WGSG and looking at the sticky, there was quite a bit of movement last year, so I'm praying that it's the same this year !!!!!. O how I hate that waiting game.

Thought I'd add a bit of colour to cheer myself up.
dreams

Post by dreams »

Middlesexmum wrote:A friend of mine's dd started at no 50 on the waiting list at Watford Grammar which doesn't sound very hopeful but within a couple of months she was no 11! She went to JFS in the end but it goes to show how much movement there is.
Was it for outer or inner catchment área¿