Parmiters waiting list

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Luna

Parmiters waiting list

Post by Luna »

My DS has his heart set on Parmiters. He was offered our second choice of Queens school in Bushey, and even though we are convinced it is the right school for him I am aware that he is disappointed that he is not going to Parmiters. He finds it unfair that 4 of his class mates got into Parmiters on distance and they are in much lower groups than him.

So, even though personally I am happy with his school offer thinking Queens is a fantastic school for him I promised him I will find out all I can about the waiting list and how it works.

Until now I didn't receive any info regarding what place he is on the waiting list or his score in the test. Should I call Parmiters on Monday or am I to expect a letter from them? How does their waiting list work?

Thank you in advance for all you advice.
Ally

Re: Parmiters waiting list

Post by Ally »

Hi
2 years ago. We got are second choice Queens having had Parmiters down as our 1st choice. We were automatically sent a letter from Parmiters' notifying us of the test score and our initial position on the relevant waiting list.

Parmiter's operate a different waiting list for each admission criteria. On the academic waiting list there will be several ( approx 4) children at each position. I not sure how far down the list went last year, but 2 years ago the list went down to position 8 or 9 by September So that in real terms it means they had to offer approx 35 places off the waiting list to fill the 46 academic places.

Good Luck
Ally
Luna

Re: Parmiters waiting list

Post by Luna »

Thank you Ally, I will wait for the letter in this case. :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now