Watford entry criteria

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
macy

Watford entry criteria

Post by macy »

Hi,

Now I'm more confused than anything else, thus the need for this topic. :?

Since 8 children are sitting the exam for WGS for Boys and Girls and each parent has a different view point.

As far as I'm aware, the entry criteria is as follows:

1) Those living within the catchment area. (Now this wont apply to us as we are all in the Pinner area)
2) Those that have a sibling in the school. (Applys to a 2 parents who have a brother and sister in WGS)
3) Everybody else. These people will fight it out for 5 places. Taking the cream of the crop.

Could you please, please clarify the situation as it will once and for all end the talk and hopefully we can chat about something else :P

Thanks
Hera

Re: Watford entry criteria

Post by Hera »

Both of the Watford schools have their published admissions criteria on their websites which list the outer and inner catchment areas. I think Pinner is within the outer catchment area, but you need to check. If your postcode does not fall within this the school states that you will not get offered a place as places are filled each year from their catchment areas. That is unless you have a sibling attending I think. It is all very clear in their admissions criteria.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now