SIF

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

WP

Re: SIF

Post by WP »

That is odd. The Boys school has their SIF on their website, with no request for this extra info. However it does say under the bit for a cross-sibling, "Copies of the birth certificates for both daughter and son may be requested if a place is offered."
watford

Post by watford »

Sorry don't mean to worry anyone unnecessarily but it is a concern for applicants as perhaps some of the info these schools ask for may be last minute and may need to be requested from authorities.

Watford
AlisonR

Post by AlisonR »

The Girls grammar have just sent me an electronic version of the SIF as I couldn't find it on their website. There was no mention of needing to supply any extra documentation in the email so I assume we don't have to provide any.

Alison
Parent68

Post by Parent68 »

watford wrote:Sorry don't mean to worry anyone unnecessarily but it is a concern for applicants as perhaps some of the info these schools ask for may be last minute and may need to be requested from authorities.

Watford
Such as?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Parent68 wrote:
watford wrote:Sorry don't mean to worry anyone unnecessarily but it is a concern for applicants as perhaps some of the info these schools ask for may be last minute and may need to be requested from authorities.

Watford
Such as?
usual problem is people loosing birth certs.. :roll: - not saying you need them for this but they get put in "safe places" and can't be found :lol: - even more tricky if you need them from abroad
Parent68

Post by Parent68 »

hermanmunster wrote:
Parent68 wrote:

Watford
Such as?
usual problem is people loosing birth certs.. :roll: - not saying you need them for this but they get put in "safe places" and can't be found :lol: - even more tricky if you need them from abroad
Ok thanks.
K1w1mum

Post by K1w1mum »

FYI.

I sent this email to WGSG this afternoon.
"Do you require any other documents from parents who are applying for a place at WGSG for their daughter?"

and promptly received this reply:
"When you send in your SIF form to WGGS, we will need proof of address.

Documents required: Driving Licence, Car Reg Doc, Bank Statement, Council Tax and a copy of your lease if you are renting.

Mrs Withers"

I asked if we needed to supply all of these things, and the answer was yes, but photocopies are fine.... :?
I hope this helps someone!
Pikachu

Post by Pikachu »

I think it is ridiculous.

If they require this 'proof of residence' to be sent with the SIF form, then they should have stated this information on the SIF form itself, or as an attachment to the SIF form. How can they leave out this information that's so crucial to the application?

I've sent my SIF forms in already, so what am I suppose to do now? This process is a joke.
Parent68

Post by Parent68 »

Probably they were aiming to catch the bogus renters and absentee landlords by surprising them with these requests. Valid residents will have no problem producing proof of address in a jiffy. Bogus residents will scramble. Now that they know, they will be scrambling to get all addresses changed, thus nullifying the schools effort to prevent bogus residents. Not a good idea to give up too many details too soon but posts here appear to have done just that.

Just imagine, of everyone is asked to submit one SIF plus five supporting documents, the admission secretary would have to manage 6 x 700 applications = 4200 sheets of paper. However, since only about 40 DC will get in on distance basis, they need only ask these 40 for further proof of residence, thus managing only 5 x 40 = 200 additional sheets of paper on top of 700 SIF documents. That request could come in at a later stage, based on the distances that they will calculate.

So don't blame the admission people. They know what they are doing.
Last edited by Parent68 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

suspect the amount of info they can actually ask for is very limited. the list above is rather more than that needed for enhanced CRB :roll: - would really be reasonable to use the electoral roll to which, I would assume, the LA have easy access
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now