Which books/practice papers?

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Middlesexmum

Which books/practice papers?

Post by Middlesexmum »

My dd is in Year 5 and has been working through Bond books in Maths, English and VR.

Should I be getting other papers for her for variety and practice? We are looking at HBS and WGSG plus indies.

I've heard Susan Daughtrey's books are good.
leanmeamum

Re: Which books/practice papers?

Post by leanmeamum »

You also need to use past papers from schools as the HBS are harder than Bond, GL, etc. You can download past papers from various independent schools
Middlesexmum

Post by Middlesexmum »

So which would be the best papers for HBS?
fairyelephant

Post by fairyelephant »

If you go onto the city of London girls school website, you can download papers from the north London consortium of independent schools for girls, also Habs have past papers too. Try as many school websites as you can (i have found papers on sites for Oundle, Manchester grammar and more). They tend to have longer, sometimes more complex problems so you might need to finish the bond books then move onto them afterwards, depending on how your dd is doing.
The verbal reasoning for HBS is not at all like bond, or any other vr books/papers, try the Birmingham forum where they have been used to cem papers for some years - HBS used them for the first time last month.
Good luck!
leanmeamum

Post by leanmeamum »

Thank You fairyelephant - those are the ones I have as well.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now