Permanent Address

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

busy75

Permanent Address

Post by busy75 »

Hi,

I am new to this forum and wow there is so much info on this forum and most are so helpful.

Can I ask a question, what is classed as permanent home address if partners are separated (I have been genuinely separated for 5 years now). Ex partner is 0.5 miles away from me but travels alot from work. The kids spend majority of their time with me.

When I state both address on the SIFs and CAF does anyone know which one is used or are both used.

I will be putting both addresses on the forms but it's just for my information so I am aware.

Thanks.
new2me

Re: Permanent Address

Post by new2me »

Schools usually say address of parent claiming child benefit is deemed as the permanent address.
Sallyltb

Post by Sallyltb »

From HCC's Moving On booklet:

My child lives with me part of the week and with their other parent the rest
of the week – what address should we use?

If a child lives at more than one address Monday to Friday (for example due to a separation), the address you use should be the one which the child lives at most of the time. Please write a joint letter to explain your individual situation at the time of application. We will only accept one application for each child. If we receive more than one application with different details (e.g., address and ranked schools) we will ask parents to agree a single application before processing.

Only one address can be used. If a child lives at two addresses, the address of the parent/carer that claims the child benefit/child tax credit will be considered as the child’s main residence.

If you have shared custody supported by court documentation, please call the Customer Service Centre and your call will be referred to the Admissions and Transport team.
busy75

Post by busy75 »

Thank you - very helpful.

Although I am wondering what I can write in the letter apart from the fact that we are separated. :?