not waiting for results but still have butterflies?

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
leanmeamum

not waiting for results but still have butterflies?

Post by leanmeamum »

I'm done and dusted with the 11+ for my DCs but looking at all the posts about 1st March is giving me butterflies. I can remember this time last year as if it was yesterday and can feel the anxiety and impatience of all the parents waiting.

GOOD LUCK to everyone waiting for their results.
Mgnmum

Re: not waiting for results but still have butterflies?

Post by Mgnmum »

thank you. It is a anxious time. especially since our second choice school is currently in the news for all the wrong reasons and adding pressure to our desire for dd to get our first choice. I luckily have work wednesday and thursday so will keep busy and friday i have arranged things to keep myself busy until the evening email arrives. It is frustrating that hertfordshire opt to wait until 6pm on 1st while a lot of other regions give out results overnight. I woke at 3.30am this morning, not sure if due to this or other stresses going on at present but finding the wait agonising especially knowing that it is going to be borderline whether we get what we want or not.
Cutting42

Post by Cutting42 »

I know what you mean. I still keep looking on here despite having last DC in year 7 currently. I do feel for you all and would say no matter what happens on the 1st, the journey is not over. The vast majority seem to get a school of their choice in the end. My DD is in year 9 and one of her school friends finally got a place at Christmas. Better late than never.
handbag50

Post by handbag50 »

definitely getting butterflies now...... sitting here trying to second guess what would have effected
the "cut offs" just a little.......and driving myself mad!!

Will the early testing mean a slight lowering??? will the x sibling rule mean a drop??? (Grammars only)
or will the fact that the score was known mean more people go for schools they may otherwise not have
"chanced" putting down? will the 4 choices instead of 3 mean people will take a "punt" ?? or will the X sibling rule
actually push the cut off higher as someone with boy and girl
would now consider the Grammars, that may have only considered co-ed before (meaning Grammars go up and Parmiters comes
down) . Agggghhh!!

Any thoughts??

We are hoping for the Grammar with a very borderline score, But are very lucky as will almost defiantly get our
second choice.

Good luck to all
Long Journey

Post by Long Journey »

I am the same as you handbag. Previously I wasn't even thinking of allocation day, the results giving me a good indication of what we'll get. But as The Day is imminent now I keep thinking of some of the what ifs you mention, and now you've given me even more points to panic over :lol: .

I have a feeling the selectives will stay as popular as ever even with results before application. I know of lots of people who have still put them "just in case" as there are four choices.
Hera

Post by Hera »

I have not given it a second thought. Only 1 day, 7 hours, 11 minutes and 50 secs to go :lol:
Best of luck to everyone for tomorrow.
hairydog

Post by hairydog »

Good luck from me too. Feeling quite calm now. I think we went through our angst in Sept/Oct and then calmed right down. We are very likely to get our first choice (a St Albans school) and we have Parmiters second.

Although we eventually did not put a consortium school first, the whole process was immensely useful and I don't regret any bit of it. For all that shared the journey this year, I'll be thinking of you all.

Good luck and keep calm!
daisyduke

Post by daisyduke »

It's almost the whole gang... all we need now is RationalityRules to pop in!

From living thro it last year as well, I would highly recommend having a very busy and complicated day, away from emails, and clocks... as it seems to go soooo slooooowwwly. Cook a new really complex recipe for tea, watch an episode of "24", and try and find some precious treasure in the loft!

And before you know it, there'll be a ping in your inbox, hopefully with great news! Good luck everyone x
copella

Post by copella »

Good luck everyone waiting tomorrow. I know just how you feel but at least its not a leap year last year we had another day to go. No matter what the result even if you dont get your school of choice, try and stay positive, your child will do well wherever they go, with your support. Hope the news is good though. :D
RationalityRules

Post by RationalityRules »

Here I am!

I'll be thinking of you all tomorrow evening and hoping everyone gets a school they are happy with.

RR