Verified copy of a birth certificate

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Hera

Verified copy of a birth certificate

Post by Hera »

We have been asked to provide a verified copy of a birth certificate. Anyone know what that it? I can't imagine that they want us to get it verified by a lawyer. Will a photocopy do? Or perhaps they meant certified. What did people from previous years provide at this stage. Thanks
Tagore

Re: Verified copy of a birth certificate

Post by Tagore »

Why don't you march into the school with the original certificate and ask them to copy it. Verified!
Tagore
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

photocopy won't work - any birth cert you have from a UK registrar (or from the General Records Office) is a certified copy of the original.

If the certificate is from abroad - it may need further verification

not sure why a passport shouldn't do... the long certificates have more info on them than the school should need to see.
Hera

Post by Hera »

Thanks. I know what a certified certificate is but there is no such thing as a verified one. Hermanmunster perhaps you are right and they are referring to birth certificates from abroad. I can't imagine they want more than a photocopy copy of a standard UK one. I am sure they will let me know if what I provide is not sufficient! Just wondered what people submitted last year?
3b1g

Post by 3b1g »

I'm not sure what they mean by this either. Two years ago, we sent a photocopy of the birth certificate and a a photocopy of the 'certified copy of an entry' that we got with the birth certificate. The school didn't query this, so we're planning to do the same this year.

The personal information form includes three questions that I don't know how to answer; I've emailed the SENCo from the junior school to see if she can clarify.
Hera

Post by Hera »

Two years ago, we sent a photocopy of the birth certificate and a a photocopy of the 'certified copy of an entry' that we got with the birth certificate.
What is a "certified copy of an entry"? Thanks for that.
Pikachu

Post by Pikachu »

Same problem here. I don't know how to answer the three questions on the personal information form. If I says 'Yes' to all three, do I run the risk of having the offer withdrawn?
anotherworriedmum

Post by anotherworriedmum »

The Post Office has a documentation certification service, that might be something that they would accept?

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/document-ce ... on-service" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Pikachu wrote:Same problem here. I don't know how to answer the three questions on the personal information form. If I says 'Yes' to all three, do I run the risk of having the offer withdrawn?

What are the questions?
Pikachu

Post by Pikachu »

Has your son had an Educational Assessment?
Do you have any educational concerns regarding your son?
Is your child on the SEN code of practice?

Considering the offer was made by a highly academic school, I don't know whether answering 'yes' would result in the offer being withdrawn.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now