SW Consortium Test Sept 2013

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
HenryVIII

SW Consortium Test Sept 2013

Post by HenryVIII »

I just thought I'd post a note about the organisation of the SW Consortium tests taking place this September vs our experience of 2 years ago. All the allocations for a test centre for our DCs came through via email on Friday.

This time, it looks like the whole of DS's primary school have the same test centre at the same time. The school is a 2 form entry with most sitting the test and anecdotally, last year, the two classes were organised alphabetically and then went into classrooms together rather than the hall. This has not pleased everyone! Some parents are a bit worried about the distractions of children having friends around them. For most children this will however be preferable. Interesting to know as this won't be the experience of families coming from further afield.

Everything else looks identical, BTW.
Daogroupie

Re: SW Consortium Test Sept 2013

Post by Daogroupie »

Very interesting feedback thank you. I would much rather have students sit with strangers so they can focus rather than exchanging smile and glances with their friends. There are far more children than places so my opinion is that it should feel like an exam, not a chat with friends. Lovely to see friends before and after the exam but not during. DG
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now