South West Herts test results (2013)-please post scores

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

3b1g

Re: South West Herts test results (2013)-please post scores

Post by 3b1g »

They rotate the same bunch of tests (I believe the number is in single figures) and based on previous cut-off scores, they are all of similar difficulty.
Hera

Post by Hera »

asldoc wrote:The scores are standardised for age and across the two tests (maths and VR) - they are not standardised across the years. I actually checked this with the admission secretary at the WGGs open house tonight.
This means- while the entrance score is usually in the same ball park- it could be completely different from year to year- if- for example- the test that year was exceptionally easy or the students were exceptionally bright.
The average score will still be 100, so even in an exceptionally bright year the standardised scores shouldn't change by much. It might be harder to get a higher standardised score if the kids are exceptionally bright but it won't change the score needed for entrance. Where there are big differences in the historical data it is generally where the entry requirements have changed. I think there was only one year where this did not hold true, 2009, but it was still only a few marks fluctuation and it was the first year the sibling rule changed as well.
upl0ad

Post by upl0ad »

Hi,
My son received 265 in Watford exam and this is a true score.
He qualified in the bucks exam.
We are based in Rickmansworth, outside catchment area.

I read that spaces for outside catchment have been raised to 27 from 19 earlier for watford boys. Is this right?

Thanks
Last edited by WP on Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: deleted Bucks score (see instructions in Bucks section)
nish_b

Post by nish_b »

My DD got 265
We are trying for WGGS and are in inner catchment
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now