Supplementary information form for Watford grammar Girls

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
KEKE11

Supplementary information form for Watford grammar Girls

Post by KEKE11 »

Hello All,

I have checked every link on the WGGS website and cant find anywhere that has a link to the SIF form to be completed. Does anyone know where this form can be obtained.

Thanks
angelaht

Re: Supplementary information form for Watford grammer Girls

Post by angelaht »

You could go into the school and collect one. Or ask for it to be emailed - may be a possibility?
KEKE11

Post by KEKE11 »

Thank you, I thought I could get it online like the other schools. Thank you for the info will call them tomorrow .
future

Post by future »

I called them today. Will not be available on website or to be emailed. Has to be collected from school.
Mgnmum

Post by Mgnmum »

They are in the prospectus which you are given on the open evening( last night). I reckon they do not want you to apply unless you have been to the open day and had the speech from Mrs Hyde about the ethos of the school so only give out the form their or if you attend the school in person for another reason. I have to say having sat through the speech twice, is does make you think a little more about why you are applying and whether it is the right school for your DD. For us it was and the speech emphasised this, but for some it most definitely is not the right school.
herty

Post by herty »

Very true - once you've heard that speech, if it has not entirely put you off, then they figure that you are made of strong enough stuff to cope with the school! :lol:

The speech makes clear that if your dd is not hardworking, an eager reader and willing/keen to join in activities, then it is not the right school for her. Whilst I think this Dame Helen's attempt to ensure applicants self-select, in a situation where only 25% are actually selected on the basis of the academic exam, I think that the speech paints a correct picture in that a lazy, non-academically interested girl would probably not find the school a great 'fit'.

Worth hearing the speech - you do come away with a better idea of whether the school would work for you.
2g2c

Re: Supplementary information form for Watford grammar Girls

Post by 2g2c »

Last year you could only get SIF from the school either on open evening or by going and collecting one and it had to be returned in an A4 envelope...NOT folded!
angelaht

Post by angelaht »

You can print the SIF from here

http://www.hertsdirect.org/docs/pdf/adm ... MtoY201415" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Click on Watford Grammar for Girls
KEKE11

Post by KEKE11 »

Thank you all for the reply, i called the school and I have been told to come during school time to pick one up.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now