documentation for distance applications

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
tofindout

documentation for distance applications

Post by tofindout »

The Watford Boys school's "furthest distance offered" was 326.173m in 2013. This was significantly less than the 821.727m in 2012. I read that this could be due to cross-siblings taking up the places. I just wonder, if the houses so close to the school have been occupied, won't the "furthest distance offered" be increased this year?

Can anyone please advise:
- What documents do Watford Boys and Parmiters require dp, whose dc got into these schools, to submit as proof of address?
- What documents to submit?
- When to submit?
- Only those who got in via proximity to the school (not by written/ music) exam. have to do so or all dp whose children study there have to submit these documents?
- Will the check be stricter for those who got in by proximity (not by written/ music exams.)?

Thanks for your reply in advance
tofindout

Re: Watford boys results

Post by tofindout »

Can anyone please advise:
- What documents do Watford Boys require dp, whose dc got into these schools, to submit as proof of address?
- What documents to submit?
- When to submit?
- Only those who got in via proximity to the school (not by written/ music) exam. have to do so or all dp whose children study there have to submit these documents?
- Will the check be stricter for those who got in by proximity (not by written/ music exams.)?
- The "furthest distance offered" last year was 326.173m. This is very near to the school. I presume most of the houses near to the school have had boys attending Watford Boys. So is it likely that the distance be increased this year?

Thanks very much for your reply in advance
Cutting42

Re: documentation for distance applications

Post by Cutting42 »

Hi

A good friend got their DS into WGSB on distance and had to bring in proof of residence. I seem to remember it was ID (passport) and 2 utility bills for that address in their name.
3b1g

Post by 3b1g »

In the event that your child is offered a place on 1st March, the school will then write to you requesting the documentation they need.
3b1g

Post by 3b1g »

For an academic place in 2011, we only had to provide a photocopy of the birth certificate for WBGS. Same for a sibling place in 2013.
tofindout

Post by tofindout »

Thanks all for your reply. Will the school only request for birth cert. if it's for sibling place? Do we need to change the address on the birth cert. of the child if we move?

Does the school request everyone (including those not got in by distance) to produce proof of address? Or just random check?

I am lacking in general knowledge here but is it true that we have to change the address on our birth cert. and passport when we move?
copella

Post by copella »

Birth Certs don't have addresses. Why not call the school they will be able to help I'm sure.
tofindout

Post by tofindout »

The school said I shouldn't be concerned with these at the moment. They will contact me when they want to conduct the check.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now