QE Boys or Watford Boys Grammar

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

chantchant

QE Boys or Watford Boys Grammar

Post by chantchant »

As many other parents we are also in dilemma to select school for our DS. We are in Watford , just wondering how many parents are there from watford who wanted to send their DS to QE Boys but are stuck on decision due to travelling time and cost. Plus I would like comment from parents who's children are already traveling to QE boys, are children happy there with all commuting and study !!! I am looking for genuine answer!!! Pls can anyone focus on great difference between WBGS and QE Boys ???
bird5678890

Re: QE Boys Or Watford Boys Grammar

Post by bird5678890 »

Hello,

We are in the same boat. We live in north bushey. At this stage looking for various options. I am more than happy to compile a list of parents who are interested in sending their DS to QE and to sort out travel. It took me 30 mins in the morning to reach QE started at 7:30 am and reached school at 8:00.

I have sent you a PM.

Thanks,

Piyush
akwukwo

Re: QE Boys Or Watford Boys Grammar

Post by akwukwo »

my son is in Year 9 in QE. We live in Watford. Were having been sharing since year 7 with a family,another family joined last year and its been a good arrangement.
epfuser

Re: QE Boys or Watford Boys Grammar

Post by epfuser »

First of all congratulations to any parents (and their wards) who are in a position to select between all the fantastic schools we are so lucky to have in our county!

I think there are quite a few boys going from Watford (and surrounding areas) to QEB. We are in north Watford and been car-pooling for 2 years now.

The journey isn't too bad ~35mins door to door - or lesser if taking the M25. It actually takes me less time to reach QE than it does to reach WGSB during peak times :), Of course if you are living south of Watford then things might be different.. but I do suggest having a drive on the Rickmansworth road (and also your QE route too) during school times to check it for yourself.
desuva

WBGS- how is it as a school?

Post by desuva »

Hello everyone, my DS scored 260 in SWC test & 237 in QE test. We are unsure whether to put QE or WBGS as the first preference. Obviously there are a lot of posts about QE & their so called ''culling'' at the end of year 11. Can any parents with sons in WBGS be kind enough to give some feedback on WBGS as a school per se. Do they enjoy being in the school; how are the teachers; is it a very high pressure environment...etc. Any feedback would be very much appreciated.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now