Watford boys school

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
desuva

Watford boys school

Post by desuva »

What chance does a score of 255 or above have of making the first cut at WBGS?
Cutting42

Re: Watford boys school

Post by Cutting42 »

Very good chance inner or outer
3b1g

Post by 3b1g »

Inner area: extremely likely.
Outer area: likely.
Outside area: extremely unlikely.
desuva

Post by desuva »

Thank you for your replies. Can anyone with boys going to WBGS give an insider's opinion of the school with regards to homework, teachers, fellow students,choice of subjects at GCSE level etc...Any info will be very appreciated.
3b1g

Post by 3b1g »

I have a son in Y9 and another in Y7. Both very happy and I'm extremely impressed with the school, both academically and pastorally. Do you have specific questions?
3b1g

Post by 3b1g »

GCSEs: DS1 will be taking Maths, English Language, English literature, German, Biology, Physics & Chemistry. He has to do either History or Geography, then can choose two from the following list of subjects:
The other one out of History or Geography
A second language or Latin
RS
Classical Civilisation
Economics
ICT
Computing
PE
Music
Art
Technology
I think there's more than one type of Art and Technology, but I didn't pay much attention to that bit of the booklet as DS1 isn't arty or practical.
3b1g

Post by 3b1g »

Homework: a manageable amount. Both boys are doing about an hour a night, sometimes a bit less.

Teachers: DS2 likes them all. DS1 has had about 30 he liked and two that he didn't.
Occasionally I have needed to email a member of staff; they have always got back to me within 24h.

Fellow students: there are enough boys that your son would be able to find some like-minded children that he gets on with. DS1 tends to spend time with the articulate, hard-working ones who like debating. DS2 has only been there for half a term but has gravitated towards a group of musical boys who like spending time in the library.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now