SW consortium schools and Buckinghamshire Grammar Schools

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

confusedmummy12345

SW consortium schools and Buckinghamshire Grammar Schools

Post by confusedmummy12345 »

Hi,
we are currently live in Hertfordshire, but are looking to move house either to Buckinghamshire or very west Hertfordshire. Our daughter is currently in year 2, so we have time before we apply to secondary schools.

If we live in Herts can we still apply to Buckinghamshire grammar schools? or if we move to Buckinghamshire can we still apply to SW Herts' schools?

Sorry, if my questions seem really basic but I am just so confused.

Thanks in advance.
Daogroupie

Re: SW consortium schools and Buckinghamshire Grammar School

Post by Daogroupie »

You can apply to Clement Danes from anywhere but all the other Watford Schools have catchment areas so you can only apply from the catchment areas. Your best bet is to look on the websites of the school you are interested in and go to their open days. DG
3b1g

Post by 3b1g »

It depends which of the SW Herts consortium schools you want for her. If it's Clement Danes then there are parts of Chorleywood where you can apply for Bucks schools. Chorleywood is in the outer area for Watford Girls though, so she'd need to get a much higher score than she would if she lived in the inner area.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

You can apply to Bucks schools from anywhere - whether you would get in is another matter. Chesham Grammar is usually a good bet, but maybe post in the Bucks section for more information?
scary mum
northernlass

Post by northernlass »

We applied for Bucks Grammars from Herts last year. The schools that had excess places for out of county students tend to be the Aylesbury Grammars and Chesham Grammar only. We were offered Aylesbury High School but were offered a place at a SW Consortium school so took that instead. Good luck.
newgirl

Post by newgirl »

confusedmummmy, I have sent you a private message. If I can help you with any advice I will
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Yes, anyone can apply for the Bucks GS but they have catchment areas.

Geographical reasons mean Chesham Grammar and Sir Henry Floyd (Aylesbury) are your best bet.