Induction day dates in these local region?

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
silverysea

Induction day dates in these local region?

Post by silverysea »

Does anyone know when these are scheduled? Are they the same I.e. In Herts and Barnet?

Dd keeps asking, I'm worried it will be different as we are in Herts and the school is in Barnet, she is the only one going there.
hermanmunster

Re: Induction day dates in these local region?

Post by hermanmunster »

I don't when the dates are but please don't worry that they are on different dates, there are lots of things going on at schools at that time and kids going off here and there, DS's year had 10 kids going to 9 schools - all had induction days at different times.
HenryVIII

Post by HenryVIII »

Well transition day in SW Herts is the 10th July and in DC's school this involves all DC moving up a class (Y5 got their taster of Y6 and so on). Most children will be going to SW Herts schools, except the ones going to Jewish secondaries which might not be the same day of course.

You can sometimes find this info out by looking at the destination school's calendar on their website (they'll have already decided on the date well in advance).

You could of course make sure the current school is aware and make sure your DC has a special role or keep her off school that day.
silverysea

Post by silverysea »

Thanks Henry8 it's a big deal with us too, all moving up so her classroom will be for y5- if ours is the 10th she could be the only one since hers new school calendar says 4th July.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

hope it works out - hadn't realised that they did such sessions!.
If she really is the only one then reckon you need to agree some educational day out.
Mgnmum

Post by Mgnmum »

in SW herts they are usually on the same day but take very different formats: some are full days with tests!!, some are afternoon only and some are evening only, some the secondary school come to the primary to meet pupils, others interview at the secondary school, some do nothing.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

DAO does not do moveup day so all the Herts students have to find something else to do on that day as they are not able to come to school as Y5's are in their classroom. We all got together and had a lovely day ourselves. Nobody has ever mentioned a day for QE or HBS on this forum and they probably would talk about it and how it went so I think it is likely that this is Herts only event and Barnet does not do it. DG
silverysea

Post by silverysea »

I guess I will ask the school, hope they don't make her do something grim that she doesn't enjoy. There is one other girl going to a Bedfordshire school so maybe she will have the same problem. They are both feeling excluded from friendship groups that have formed around the future schools, increasing the tension of leaving primary.

It's a great day normally for all the kids.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

My dd's were offered the opportunity to sort books in the library so we politely declined and organised our own lovely day out. I suggest the two of them go somewhere together and that you arrange it now and tell the school what you are doing so you don't find that they have been organised into some admin task. One Herts dd actually turned up at DAO as her primary told her that all secondary schools did it and to just send her to the school that day! DG
silverysea

Post by silverysea »

Lol at such a wonderful opportunity, DG! :roll:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now