South West Herts CI lists

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Nearlytimetopanic

Re: South West Herts CI lists

Post by Nearlytimetopanic »

Congratulations parm! You must be thrilled that the agonising wait is finally over.

We've moved up 3 places but are still waiting - I didn't tell dd the dates for the CI runs, so thankfully she's not been stressing about it all....only me, as dh is oblivious to it all as well! :?

Does anyone know when the Parmiters appeals are being heard this year and whether any successful ones will affect the waiting list, or if they'll go over PAN?
Also, does anyone know of any family that is still deciding between a private school place and an academic place at Parmiters? (Or maybe didn't turn up to the CATs testing in April.)

Good luck to fluffybudgie and all others on the forum who are also still waiting.
decaff

Post by decaff »

I think successful appeals do limit movement on CI lists for a while at some schools i.e until number taken on appeal exceeds those who drop out. However I believe some schools are happy to go over PAN. Unfortunately very few children seem to have success in SW Herts Consortium with appeals. Of course this is good news for those on CI lists. I know of someone appealing for SCD and I think hearing is within the next couple of weeks.
Nearlytimetopanic

Post by Nearlytimetopanic »

Thanks for your reply decaff, which is helpful. Herts CC state that appeals are being heard between 7th May and 25th June, so the SCD ones sound quite early on in that period. Hopefully the waiting lists will move a little more before the appeals are decided. It just seems so quiet on here with very little news of movement on the lists for the SW herts consortium schools. We only moved up 1 place on the wggs inner list, so have only moved 2 places since allocation day, compared to 13 on the Parmiters list!
fluffybudgie

Post by fluffybudgie »

Hi, appeals for Parmiters are around 17th June. Good luck for anyone appealing or waiting on a list.....
angelaht

Post by angelaht »

There has been no movement at all on WGGS - tests or distance, since first CI.
decaff

Post by decaff »

Is this the same for the boys school?
Muf

Post by Muf »

angelaht wrote:There has been no movement at all on WGGS - tests or distance, since first CI.
Hello all, just to clarify, there has been movement on WGGS on outer catchment. My DD was 17 on the CI list on allocation day and came to 4th on the first run and now has been offered a place at Watford Girls. We are over the moon and really pleased.

For those on the CI list for Parmiter's, we have released a place and also know someone who will be releasing a place making you at least 2 places up. Good luck to all and hope you get your chosen schools.
K1w1mum

Post by K1w1mum »

Congratulation Muf, I am sure your DD will enjoy her time at WGGS. Can I be nosey and ask what your DD's mark was? I have a friend on the outer waiting list but don't know what position she is, just her mark, and want to know how close she will be to a place!
tofindout

Post by tofindout »

K1w1mum, your friend can call the school to find out the CI list position as there could be a number of candidates with the same score.

The boys school has moved by 4 places for the CI list run 2 for the inner area.
K1w1mum

Post by K1w1mum »

tofindout wrote:K1w1mum, your friend can call the school to find out the CI list position as there could be a number of candidates with the same score.

The boys school has moved by 4 places for the CI list run 2 for the inner area.
I know she can, but she's quite sensitive about it and I don't want to put my foot in it and bring it all up again if realistically it's not going to happen.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now