WGGS hard sell on money

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ToadMum

Re: WGGS hard sell on money

Post by ToadMum »

Ordinaryjo wrote:Think we were asked for between 40 and 60 a month at hbs.
:shock:

With reference to another thread, perhaps they could put some of it towards a course on "How to communicate with parents with regard to the school waiting list"?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Cutting42

Post by Cutting42 »

I particularly liked the way they stated;

"If we had asked for £35 per month and it guaranteed your entry to the school, it would not seem so much"!
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Cutting42 wrote:I particularly liked the way they stated;

"If we had asked for £35 per month and it guaranteed your entry to the school, it would not seem so much"!
Please say this was said tongue in cheek....
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Cutting42

Post by Cutting42 »

ToadMum wrote:
Cutting42 wrote:I particularly liked the way they stated;

Please say this was said tongue in cheek....
I am afraid not. I did paraphrase somewhat as it was 4 years ago now but the chap with the title - business manager - or similar, did say/mean this.
parent2013

Post by parent2013 »

Ordinaryjo wrote:Think we were asked for between 40 and 60 a month at hbs.
It is £50 for Olave's or £600 single payment.
SteveDH

Post by SteveDH »

The other fun thing is trying to explain voluntary contributions for trips to someone who's DD was previously at a private school.
Mgnmum

Post by Mgnmum »

we do donate but not the full suggested amount.
there are also additional benefits if you donate a big amount, in that you can get family membership of the gym/ pool at the school, so for some families it may actually save money to pay the school rather than another gym
noonynunu

Post by noonynunu »

SteveDH wrote:The other fun thing is trying to explain voluntary contributions for trips to someone who's DD was previously at a private school.

Would someone who has previously been paying upwards of £10,000 a year to their DCs school really question being asked for voluntary contributions of £500 - £600 pounds?
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

I suspect that Steve is referring to the fact that when a private school runs a trip they effectively say "this is the price, pay up" whereas in a state school they have to say "this is a voluntary contribution, please pay up, but we can't make you". Private school parents may be quite surprised that there is an element of choice!
noonynunu

Post by noonynunu »

kenyancowgirl wrote:I suspect that Steve is referring to the fact that when a private school runs a trip they effectively say "this is the price, pay up" whereas in a state school they have to say "this is a voluntary contribution, please pay up, but we can't make you". Private school parents may be quite surprised that there is an element of choice!
lol, I didn't realise that private schools were like that.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now