Watford/SW results are out

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
HappyCow

Re: Watford/SW results are out

Post by HappyCow »

Amity - great choices but quite different schools - apart from the obvious - single vs coed.
Does DD have a preference?
Amity

Post by Amity »

Yes strictly WGG but we aren't sure what the cut off will be ? Last year inner cut off was 251
CJ73

Post by CJ73 »

Scores finally in ...

DS got 257 does anybody know what the lowest mark that got in after waiting list etc for outer catchment, many thanks in advance.

Congrats to all those who sat and got their marks today - regardless of scores it should be seen as a remarkable achievement

CJ
madsystem

Post by madsystem »

Result emailed 7pm but was out till ten! At primary school event so avoid topic.
Found in spam or junk mail when got home
Turboless

Post by Turboless »

Apologies if this has already been discussed somewhere but looking at the really good page with all the previous year's results last year's results seemed to be a lot higher for all schools than the previous year's scores.
Does anybody know the reason for this as it would obviously be very useful to know when predicting cut off scores for this year.

I have a few possible theories, it might be a combination them or something completely different:
  • The exam although standardised last year was easier then previous year's
  • Kids are getting better at these exams (I think unlikely as the increase was quite a bit)
  • Results are now given before applying so people are making a more informed choice
  • Did schools change their criteria / catchment area (I don't think they all did, I know at some point wgg and wbg changed their sibling rule
  • Maybe a population increase in the Watford and surrounding areas
I've also noticed the distances came down quite a bit last year for a lot of schools which might point towards a larger amount of people living in or around schools.

If anyone really knows why the scores went up last year I'd be interested to know.
noonynunu

Post by noonynunu »

Turboless wrote:Apologies if this has already been discussed somewhere but looking at the really good page with all the previous year's results last year's results seemed to be a lot higher for all schools than the previous year's scores.
Does anybody know the reason for this as it would obviously be very useful to know when predicting cut off scores for this year.

I have a few possible theories, it might be a combination them or something completely different:
  • The exam although standardised last year was easier then previous year's
  • Kids are getting better at these exams (I think unlikely as the increase was quite a bit)
  • Results are now given before applying so people are making a more informed choice
  • Did schools change their criteria / catchment area (I don't think they all did, I know at some point wgg and wbg changed their sibling rule
  • Maybe a population increase in the Watford and surrounding areas
I've also noticed the distances came down quite a bit last year for a lot of schools which might point towards a larger amount of people living in or around schools.

If anyone really knows why the scores went up last year I'd be interested to know.

Are you inner catchment or outer catchment? If inner then you know exactly what is causing the trend...rental properties, siblings, knowledge of the exams (tutors know exactly what needs to be covered etc.). If outer catchment...
Turboless

Post by Turboless »

I'm inner, but still surprised that all the schools last year went up around 10 marks, we're talking Watford, Garston. Bushey, Rickmansworth, and allI the distances went down, just strange that so many more people moved into the area and that the tutors could improve so much in 1 year. I guess it's a combination of everything.
luvingdad

Post by luvingdad »

My son got 246 in acadmeic and 235 for bushey meads. Any chances of getting a place in WGS/Bushey Meads ?
Thanks. We are in Rest od cachment area (Pinner)
Cutting42

Post by Cutting42 »

luvingdad wrote:My son got 246 in acadmeic and 235 for bushey meads. Any chances of getting a place in WGS/Bushey Meads ?
Thanks. We are in Rest od cachment area (Pinner)
Based on last few years numbers yes for Bushey Meads but unlikely for WGSB outer catchment which has been above that for the last 3 years. 2012 - 248, 2013 - 250, 2014 - 256 but you are not that far off I would still apply, as you don't know.
ppl3kumar

Post by ppl3kumar »

Hi whoisfk,

My DD taking exams nest year can you please give me details of the tutor your DD wenty i will we a great help i am searching for a tutor for my DD.
Thank you

My DD got 282.

Checked email again and again , to see if it is right what I am reading.
and words are still same.[/quote]
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now